U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-10-2016, 11:34 AM
 
9,979 posts, read 7,591,093 times
Reputation: 12852

Advertisements

Anyone found a decent (i5 or better) All in One that comes with a 1TB SSD drive?

Trying to upgrade one of the machines at work and.. I can find plenty of nice All in ones for decent prices.. But none of them include SSD drives.

Dell's configurable machines only seem to let you go up to a 360GB SSD.. And they charge out the butt for it.. I can get a 1TB SSD for ~$250, they want $250 for a 360GB.

I hate buying a new machine and then opening it up, even for something as simple as replacing the drive. But.. If I gotta, I gotta. just figured I'd throw it out to you all and see if anyone had found anything along these lines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-10-2016, 12:52 PM
 
Location: Diaspora
21,558 posts, read 24,696,878 times
Reputation: 8935
For a AIO PC, you gotta. And while you're there upgrade the RAM.

Last edited by Pruzhany; 08-10-2016 at 01:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2016, 01:16 PM
 
Location: The Berk in Denver, CO USA
14,393 posts, read 21,082,505 times
Reputation: 23918
Here you go.

27-inch iMac with Retina 5K display
3.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
8GB 1867MHz DDR3 SDRAM - two 4GB
1TB Flash Storage
AMD Radeon R9 M395 with 2GB video memory
$3000
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2016, 12:33 AM
 
1,080 posts, read 830,757 times
Reputation: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Anyone found a decent (i5 or better) All in One that comes with a 1TB SSD drive?

Trying to upgrade one of the machines at work and.. I can find plenty of nice All in ones for decent prices.. But none of them include SSD drives.

Dell's configurable machines only seem to let you go up to a 360GB SSD.. And they charge out the butt for it.. I can get a 1TB SSD for ~$250, they want $250 for a 360GB.

I hate buying a new machine and then opening it up, even for something as simple as replacing the drive. But.. If I gotta, I gotta. just figured I'd throw it out to you all and see if anyone had found anything along these lines.
you could always buy an SSD drive and clone it but you have to make sure the drive is empty as when you got it out of the box. because if you clone the drive with viruses on it as well as programs starting up thoes will pop up on the cloned drive also. and personaly i am not a fan of cloning i myself prefer a fresh install
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2016, 10:42 AM
 
9,979 posts, read 7,591,093 times
Reputation: 12852
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Here you go.

27-inch iMac with Retina 5K display
3.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
8GB 1867MHz DDR3 SDRAM - two 4GB
1TB Flash Storage
AMD Radeon R9 M395 with 2GB video memory
$3000
Not anti-Mac (totally).. But not a possibility in this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ground_pounder View Post
you could always buy an SSD drive and clone it but you have to make sure the drive is empty as when you got it out of the box. because if you clone the drive with viruses on it as well as programs starting up thoes will pop up on the cloned drive also. and personaly i am not a fan of cloning i myself prefer a fresh install
Cloning isn't a problem. I've got a 1:16 duplicator here. But.. I hate buying a computer that comes with a 1TB normal drive and pulling it out and sticking it in a corner to gather dust.. Then having to buy the 1TB SSD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:33 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top