U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 05:18 PM

9,088 posts, read 6,403,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTwoodnutt View Post
Hi Group,

I am having the hardest time trying to get one or two of my Brand New David Bowie CD's to Play, when putting them into my Laptop.

I bought these online, from Amazon from U.S. vendors.

I have a brand new, top of the line HP Envoy Laptop running Windows 10.

When I put the CD into the laptop, some don't Autoplay.

I'll go into 'My PC', then look at the CD Drive, then look at the listed Files from the CD, and they show me the following.
CDPLUS, IMAGES, PICTURES, SOURCE, XTRAS, METSUPRO.

When I click on any of these, all I get is "No Media Available".

It just won't play the music.

Specifically, I just tried to listen to David Bowies, 'Scary Monsters', but this has happened to a few other recently purchased CD's of his.

What's going on here?

Can you help me get these to play on my PC?

(They DO play on my home Bose unit, and in my car).

I don't know what else to do here...

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

CTwoodnutt
Check your autoplay setting in Windows 10.

Go to the start window, select settings, then devices, then autoplay. Make sure it is set to "on".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2016, 05:21 PM

10,961 posts, read 15,260,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Check your autoplay setting in Windows 10.

Go to the start window, select settings, then devices, then autoplay. Make sure it is set to "on".

What settings allow the window to open for users to choose an action from view to play to ......?
We set auto play to play all devices and media and we have to go to the D drive and click on the media or device to open it.

Old 11-04-2016, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
What settings allow the window to open for users to choose an action from view to play to ......?
We set auto play to play all devices and media and we have to go to the D drive and click on the media or device to open it.
If you haven't chosen a default in the control panel, that window will open after you click the little sidebar that appears. If you specify a default, like Windows media player, it will go directly to that application and play.

Old 11-05-2016, 12:13 PM

Quote:
If you haven't chosen a default in the control panel, that window will open after you click the little sidebar that appears. If you specify a default, like Windows media player, it will go directly to that application and play.

Let me start a new question that does not involve CD-DVD.

Old 11-18-2016, 06:24 PM

Quote:

Windows Media Player is the default and when we try to click the D drive Windows gives a message that it could not access the path......or we have limited access.

If we right click the drive then open in a new window, there is a list of files and the music is one of them.
Or we can open WMP and there in the middle it says insert a CD.

Too bad none of that works like it did with XP and Vista. We upgrade to 7 and problems galore.

Old 11-18-2016, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Windows Media Player is the default and when we try to click the D drive Windows gives a message that it could not access the path......or we have limited access.

If we right click the drive then open in a new window, there is a list of files and the music is one of them.
Or we can open WMP and there in the middle it says insert a CD.

Too bad none of that works like it did with XP and Vista. We upgrade to 7 and problems galore.
My comments applied to Windows 10, and when I wrote that I was assuming that's what you had. Perhaps because the original poster referenced that.

Sorry, I've never used Windows 7 (just "upgraded" to 10 from XP a few months ago), so I can't speak to your issue from any experience with it on that OS.

When you say that you get a message "that it could not access the path", it almost sounds like an issue with the drive itself or, more specifically, it's driver. Have you checked in the device manager to verify that it's driver is loaded and the device working properly?

Sorry I can't help more. With Windows 7, I'm mostly shooting in the dark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or