Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2016, 12:36 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,698,480 times

Advertisements

Is there a way to make it normal speed without erasing my history or cache? i don't want to lose passwords that i'll never remember, i have passwords and whatnut to so many things and you guys know me, i don't write stuff down, so its a pain to erase that only to find out that wasn't really the problem.

any other ways to make things quicker?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2016, 01:14 PM

4,453 posts, read 6,789,137 times
Launch "Activity Monitor" Does your CPU load show 100% when your computer is running slow? Click memory , do you have free memory? What is next to "Swap used" Do you know how much ram your computer has?

Old 08-17-2016, 05:15 PM

102 posts, read 89,977 times
You could try resetting the PRAM or the SMC on your laptop. Sadly it may or may not make much difference. I had to upgrade to the newest OS because of Maverick freezing up.

Old 08-17-2016, 09:55 PM

20,291 posts, read 37,105,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Is there a way to make it normal speed without erasing my history or cache? i don't want to lose passwords that i'll never remember, i have passwords and whatnut to so many things and you guys know me, i don't write stuff down, so its a pain to erase that only to find out that wasn't really the problem.

What others have said. In addition, malware can also slowdown your laptop. Buy, or just run the free trial of ClamXav and see what it finds.

Old 08-17-2016, 09:56 PM

20,291 posts, read 37,105,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post

What others have said. In addition, malware can also slowdown your laptop. Buy, or just run the free trial of ClamXav and see what it finds.

Old 08-19-2016, 11:32 AM

10,925 posts, read 21,960,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Running Malwarebytes is also a good suggestion https://www.malwarebytes.com/antimalware/mac/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers