Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2017, 02:18 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,485,389 times

Advertisements

Something happened to my Chrome menu bar, in the top right hand of the screen. I was asked if I wanted to install an Adobe extension but I clicked it off - it said it would change "all the data" on websites, and I wasn't sure what this would mean (only Adobe websites?). But it may have installed anyway from the orange circle with the exclamation point it. I included some screen shots. Did this happen to anyone else? I was trying to find out which version of Chrome I have. Anyone know how to do this?
Thanks.

Chrome Extension1.zip

Chrome Extension2.zip

Chrome Extension3.zip
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2017, 02:24 PM

I am hoping that the attachments above show my Chrome screen. I zipped the Paint images, they came out fine on my laptop but when I click the links above I get a "save as" dialogue box.

Old 01-12-2017, 03:01 PM

8,302 posts, read 13,437,323 times
Have you actually tried clicking on this?
Attached Thumbnails
My Chrome menu (hamburger) icon replaced-chrome-extension3.png  

Old 01-12-2017, 04:55 PM

Hi Turco, no I did not click on that as I was unsure what was in the "companion" and if I would need something later. However, I returned to my laptop later to try some Win7 updates and it is gone. I have the three vertical dots back in the right top of the browser window.
Thanks, I have no idea why it returned to it's default.

Old 01-13-2017, 02:44 PM

8,302 posts, read 13,437,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by localinsight View Post
Hi Turco, no I did not click on that as I was unsure what was in the "companion" and if I would need something later. However, I returned to my laptop later to try some Win7 updates and it is gone. I have the three vertical dots back in the right top of the browser window.
Thanks, I have no idea why it returned to it's default.
Possibly a browser glitch. Not super common but it does occur time-to-time.
Troubleshooting of such out-of-the-blue application issues is always the same in the following order:
1. Close and then re-open the application and check
2. Reboot the computer then check
3. Empty out temp/junk files using an app like CCleaner and then check
4. Uninstall the app, re-install and then check.
5. Buy a Mac or install a Linux distro and then check...

Note: I was being facetious with #5!

Old 01-13-2017, 03:02 PM

10,926 posts, read 21,986,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by localinsight View Post
I am hoping that the attachments above show my Chrome screen. I zipped the Paint images, they came out fine on my laptop but when I click the links above I get a "save as" dialogue box.
That's because you zipped them so they can't be view directly, they must be downloaded and unzipped, which isn't the best option. Upload the pictures to an album here then provide a link to them.

Old 01-13-2017, 03:43 PM

Thanks for that advice, Turco.
Is it better to make an album and upload it? I uploaded just single images and zipped them because the file size was too large. Wouldn't I have the same problem with an album?

Old 01-13-2017, 04:14 PM

10,926 posts, read 21,986,926 times
You don't upload an album, you create one here on CD, then upload individual pictures to it using CD's guidelines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers