U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-16-2008, 05:25 PM

410 posts, read 1,812,567 times
Default Boy did we mess up with the printer

B ought an HP all in one printer and what a time we have had. I have a laptop that's kinda new upstairs and a desktop computer downstairs that didnt seem to be working but was connected to the router etc. Have dsl service. When we disconnected the dead puter everything went haywire. He has my laptop working, but not the printer. He has it all connected to the router, dsl, and phone line. Where does the laptop come into this? What did he do wrong? The laptop is working.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2008, 11:57 PM

5,365 posts, read 8,561,632 times
Does the kinda new laptop have Vista for an operating system? Mine does and won't work with a new HP printer, try as I may. But it's fine with Windows XP on my old laptop. Anything sound familiar in that?

Old 03-18-2008, 07:47 PM

8,126 posts, read 16,583,237 times
A Friend of mine just got a new HP Computer with Vista & a new HP all in 1 printer....he brags about how good it is. I Would contact HP to see whats going on...

Old 03-19-2008, 05:39 PM

11,822 posts, read 10,385,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
A Friend of mine just got a new HP Computer with Vista & a new HP all in 1 printer....he brags about how good it is. I Would contact HP to see whats going on...
Good idea. HP has been very helpful solving problems.

Try some of these HP places for help:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

Google is your friend.

Old 03-19-2008, 07:28 PM

410 posts, read 1,812,567 times
The problem seems to be the old computer stopped working and was taken out. I have a laptop upstairs working off the router down there but the printer is down there too and there's no computer to hook it to. What a mess.

Old 03-20-2008, 11:15 AM

1,368 posts, read 4,427,298 times
Connect it to the computer? Things tend to start working more then.

Some printers can connect directly to your router via ethernet. And then you can add them from there.

Contact HP. They are great at solving problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers