Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 05:48 PM
HDL HDL started this thread

3,216 posts, read 6,786,538 times

Advertisements

I'm looking online to buy MS Office Pro 2016 and I'm seeing all kinds of resellers, some with crazy low pricing. But I'm having a hard time determining which ones to trust with my money and financial information???

No guessing please !!! If you have bought MS Office from a discounter online and found them reputable, can you please let me know who you used?

TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2017, 10:05 PM

416 posts, read 408,783 times
Consider using office 365 to get your licensing. You’ll forever have an up-to-date version or the right to download it. Consider that Microsoft just announced office 2019.

Old 10-03-2017, 10:59 PM

I've already done the '365' before and now I just want to own the software rights for MS Office Pro 2016. I don't care about MS Office 2019 that is supposed to be out next year. The price is so cheap online for the MS Office Pro 2016 (~$60) that it doesn't make sense to consider Office 365 or any earlier versions of MS Office.

I just want to know if all these companies advertising for so much lower than Microsoft on the internet are all "scam companies" or if some of them may be legit? Earlier today when doing some research, I saw a website online that states that some students and faculty get MS Office 2016 for free. So maybe these internet companies are somehow exploiting that system and that's why I'm seeing so many great deals online ???

Anyways, I'm trying to figure out if I decide to purchase from one of these online companies and they get my money and my bank info, what are the chances that I will end up with a valid MS Office license? Or will Microsoft end up denying the license due to pirating, etc. ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peta2013 View Post
Consider using office 365 to get your licensing. You’ll forever have an up-to-date version or the right to download it. Consider that Microsoft just announced office 2019.

Old 10-04-2017, 08:00 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,689,232 times
No legit seller is selling Pro for $60. If it's too good to be true....

Old 10-04-2017, 09:04 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,473,517 times
I've seen it for less than that for around $30 and Windows 10 too. They are not legit. They get away with it and so can you but they are not legit. It may not matter if it's for personal use. I've bought recently about 7 copies of MS Office Home and Business for around $200 each. Since it is for the company I work for we decided to buy legit. I bought some from Amazon and some from Newegg. This version includes Excel, Word, Outlook, Onenote and Powerpoint.

As far as 365 goes, for business use the price goes up and we would rather own it. Who cares about upgrades all the time. There is not too much they can add to it at this point. It does what it's supposed to.

As far as not releasing your personal information, use paypal or a credit card. You should be protected with a credit card. Using a debit card is a bad idea anyway. If anybody is a "discounter" and offering MS products at very low prices, they are NOT reputable regardless.

You will see the discounters here on a regular basis.
https://www.dealnews.com/c124/Computers/Software/

Old 10-05-2017, 07:08 AM

6,590 posts, read 11,284,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
I'm looking online to buy MS Office Pro 2016 and I'm seeing all kinds of resellers, some with crazy low pricing. But I'm having a hard time determining which ones to trust with my money and financial information???

No guessing please !!! If you have bought MS Office from a discounter online and found them reputable, can you please let me know who you used?

TIA
As they say, if it sounds too good to be true...
This doesn't mean what you're buying won't work - but it may simply not be legal from a licensing perspective. So it's really your call.

Also - what are you using it for? If it's just personal/occasional use, you can get office online for free via live.com.

Old 10-06-2017, 06:11 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
If you’re not going to get a legit license why bother paying at all?

Old 10-07-2017, 10:46 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,689,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
If you’re not going to get a legit license why bother paying at all?
That's not what the OP said they were doing. They are simply asking if there is a legit place to pay less. And there isn't to my knowledge.

Old 10-07-2017, 11:58 AM

Exactly Tek_Freek! I am looking for a legitimate license for the lowest price out there. In truth, some of the lowest ones advertise here on City Data. I just was trying to figure out "how low $$ can I go" without going the illegal route !

If you (anyone thinking of posting here) don't have any helpful advice, please do us all a favor and just move along . I'm sure that there are people reading this (now and in the future) that can find this thread helpful when looking to purchase MS Office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
That's not what the OP said they were doing. They are simply asking if there is a legit place to pay less. And there isn't to my knowledge.

Old 10-07-2017, 02:23 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
You can go maybe 10% off list price unless you get it through school or an employer.

Anything else is a scam that might work for a while but eventually you'll be left with neither the software nor the money.

Ask yourself, how are companies making money selling software for $50 when it cost them $150+ to get it from MS? Makes no sense. It's a scam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers