U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 09:21 AM

2,364 posts, read 1,540,488 times

Advertisements

In another thread i talked about how i changed from OS to win10... I was very skeptical but now i really like it. i think the layout could be a bit more mature(it looks kinda cartoonish) but other than that it has been solid
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2017, 12:09 PM

25,323 posts, read 11,239,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingearth View Post
In another thread i talked about how i changed from OS to win10... I was very skeptical but now i really like it. i think the layout could be a bit more mature(it looks kinda cartoonish) but other than that it has been solid
I feel the same way, particularly since they started notifying me in advance of updates.

Old 11-13-2017, 12:20 PM

39,875 posts, read 57,710,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I feel the same way, particularly since they started notifying me in advance of updates.
There is a warning for particular laptops.
Be careful, a lot of people in numerous IT forums are reporting issues with this update.
Windows 10 Fall Creators Update WARNING - Avoid latest download if you have THESE laptops | Tech | Life & Style | Express.co.uk (Fall Creators)
Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: Warning!

And a fix for installation problems:
Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems: how to fix them | TechRadar
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee,
Minnesota, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 11-13-2017, 12:51 PM

7,249 posts, read 5,705,958 times
10 is the first version in a long time that I actually like using. I'm a long-time Mac user and I might even slightly prefer Windows.

I hated the gaudy, distracting transparency and crap all over 7, and 8 tried to force too much of a shift on people for no conceivable benefit to the user.

Old 11-13-2017, 01:06 PM

13,317 posts, read 20,368,637 times
10 is fine, but I do not like the start menu. I like Win 7 start menu better.

Old 11-13-2017, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
There is a warning for particular laptops.
Be careful, a lot of people in numerous IT forums are reporting issues with this update.
Windows 10 Fall Creators Update WARNING - Avoid latest download if you have THESE laptops | Tech | Life & Style | Express.co.uk (Fall Creators)
Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: Warning!

And a fix for installation problems:
Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems: how to fix them | TechRadar
Great info

Old 11-13-2017, 02:27 PM

11,818 posts, read 13,961,605 times
Is there a reason you didn't just have this conversation.,... in that other thread??

Old 11-13-2017, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Is there a reason you didn't just have this conversation.,... in that other thread??
This thread is exclusively about Microsoft's operation system.

Old 11-14-2017, 08:51 AM

11,818 posts, read 13,961,605 times
You still could have had this discussion in the original thread which looks to have already died. Really. We wouldn't have minded. It wouldn't be off topic considering how that post was worded.

"So i haven't had a windows computer for a long time. I Did a lot of video editing and the mac just worked for me. Now that i am done with that, i decided to go back and try out good ol windows.
I must confess , i am really . impressed with this dell and i love windows 10. looks and works pretty well."

I mean is that really not the same thing? Really?
No big deal, just saying....

Old 11-14-2017, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
You still could have had this discussion in the original thread which looks to have already died. Really. We wouldn't have minded. It wouldn't be off topic considering how that post was worded.

"So i haven't had a windows computer for a long time. I Did a lot of video editing and the mac just worked for me. Now that i am done with that, i decided to go back and try out good ol windows.
I must confess , i am really . impressed with this dell and i love windows 10. looks and works pretty well."

I mean is that really not the same thing? Really?
No big deal, just saying....
Well it seems like a big deal for you, since this is the second time you mention it. Mods if you hear me, merge the threads
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or