U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 09:11 AM

21,540 posts, read 24,674,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The only one providing tech support was myself. When you are paying for a service or a product that is defective it's not too much to expect that the issue be resolved especially after you have painted a picture for them. Just so it's clear this is not a RTFM issue but one that can only be resolved by the host and was affecting perhaps hundreds of their customers on a shared hosting server.
You're dreaming if you think you are going to get Developer rate service from a entry level Programmer. Your expectations have nothing to do with reality and with the amount of what you call professional level posting that you do on CD, you actually know that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2018, 09:15 AM

40,197 posts, read 41,799,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Read the chat again. The Tech is telling him nicely that freebie support for DIYrs is limited and he should contact a real developer to deal with his coding issue.
Is your name Korey? As I already noted the entire contents of public_html was deleted. A single customer file named test.html was uploaded that contained nothing more than a single line with 4 characters... test.

To reiterate this issue existed across multiple unrelated customer domains on the same server.

Just a FYI Pruzany, I'm not do it yourselfer. I manage my own server and if the problem existed there I could of fixed it myself.

Old 01-31-2018, 09:16 AM

Quote:
You're dreaming if you think you are going to get Developer rate service from a entry level Programmer.
At this point I do believe you are about as clueless as Korey. This is not an issue that can resolved by the customer, what part of that is not understood?

Old 01-31-2018, 10:06 AM

Quote:
At this point I do believe you are about as clueless as Korey. This is not an issue that can resolved by the customer, what part of that is not understood?
When you are paying the rate of a India call center person and thinking you should get the service of a US Developer for the same price then you are one who is clueless. Paying $35 does not get you $600 service.

Old 01-31-2018, 10:14 AM

Quote:

Just a FYI Pruzany, I'm not do it yourselfer. I manage my own server and if the problem existed there I could of fixed it myself.
Stating you have your own server means nothing to those of us who know that a home server can be as small as a home desktop computer. It means nothing as you are attempting to fool people into thinking you have a cage server. So like everyone else you manage your own home computer. Big woop and it still has nothing to do with anything in this thread except to place yourself on a pedestal.

Old 01-31-2018, 10:32 AM

Quote:
When you are paying the rate of a India call center person and thinking you should get the service of a US Developer for the same price then you are one who is clueless. Paying $35 does not get you $600 service.
It should of been understood from my first post this has nothing to do with site development and anyone with knowledge is going to know that. You don't know what you are talking about, it's as simple as that. You are way out of your league here, honestly.

Old 01-31-2018, 05:02 PM

28,611 posts, read 40,594,929 times
/end thread

Old 01-31-2018, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
/end thread
</end thread>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers