Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2018, 11:00 AM

844 posts, read 1,433,412 times

Advertisements

Repeat of the title..is there software where I can check all my drivers instead of the time consuming challenge of going to device manager and checking each one manually?

I'm trying to save some time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2018, 04:15 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Don't bother? Windows should take care of it for you.

Whoever made your computer probably has a utility, too.

Old 02-03-2018, 05:59 PM

16,501 posts, read 19,575,896 times
What he said. Your computer doesn't need that kind of maintenance.

Old 02-03-2018, 08:55 PM

3,949 posts, read 5,145,552 times
If you have a Dell, you can download their updater software. It'll scan your system and show you what drivers need updating. Most other makers should have something similar.

Old 02-04-2018, 01:17 AM

3,566 posts, read 2,105,060 times
Windows should be able to manage your drivers, but quite often it may miss one or two. There's plenty of independent PC tune-up utility programs out there that can not only give your PC a much needed boost in terms of clearing down cache, bad registries etc, but some also keep tabs on your drivers.

Some of them are free but limited; while others do cost but don't always do a great job. You can do a Google search to find the best reviewed ones, but again there's no consistency.

Personally I have used "Glary Utilities Pro", "AVG PC TuneUp" and "Systweak Advanced System Optimizer". They're all much of a muchness, and do cost. That said, the latter of the three does seem to detect, repair/update drivers left behind by Windows much better than the other two.

Unless you're having serious issues with your machine, just let Windows do all the work
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers