U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 06:55 PM

241 posts, read 141,818 times

Advertisements

If you were looking for a bad Ad Server in your computer, where will be the place that you would look? Thank you,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2018, 07:23 PM

713 posts, read 1,476,532 times
Suggest you post a screen shot of the Chrome browser window/greyed-out video plugin outline you have previously posted about. We cannot assist you because your descriptions of the issue thus far have not include specific and important details. A visual (screen shot) could be much more informative.

Old 02-22-2018, 09:10 PM

Exclamation Problems Began With Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggier View Post
Suggest you post a screen shot of the Chrome browser window/greyed-out video plugin outline you have previously posted about. We cannot assist you because your descriptions of the issue thus far have not include specific and important details. A visual (screen shot) could be much more informative.
I do not know much about computers. I went to Facebook to share a video from YouTube, and shortly after I began to see that every time I shared anything, a Black cross similar to the icon for apps, will render whatever I had shared useless.

Someone suggested I download Adobe Reader, another suggested I download Adobe Flash, then others suggested to get rid of these, then someone suggested I may have contracted an AD SERVER, and that I should check my downloaded files, and delete anything that was unfamiliar to me, which I did with a file that later gave me the name as: Program: C:\windows\system 32\ atibtmon.exe. who was causing these. However, had I seen that it was from Windows, I would have never touched it, but, the name was only made available, after I had deleted it.

Shortly after, a RUN TIME ERROR stated: contact Application Support Team for more information: and then the name of the Program :C\:windows\system 32\atibtmon.exe. showed up, and that if I did not fixed the error, my pc will eventually crash, and that was it. I went searching for the Program :C...........and could not come across with anything on the website.

As it stands right now, I have deleted Adobe Reader, and Adobe Flash. Somewhere I read that Windows 10 comes with a pre-installed Adobe Flash. I also tried to update my Google Chrome browser, with not luck, because I could not find information on the web clear enough for a neonate in computers like me.

The problem with Facebook has not changed. I am pretty sure that all the people that tried to help me here, did it in good faith, and I am extremely appreciative for their kindness.

I really do not know what to do next, because of my limited knowledge on computers, instructions have to be stated extremely easy to understand.

Do you think, in view of the circumstances, that I should do a back-up on my laptop Gateway pc? I do not know how to do a screen shot. Thank you kindly,

Old 02-22-2018, 09:18 PM

6,094 posts, read 2,766,986 times
Bad Server!

Bad, Bad, Bad Server!

Now, you let me know if that server bothers you any more.

Old 02-22-2018, 09:43 PM

713 posts, read 1,476,532 times
Just post a screen shot of the issue. A novel that repeats your prior posts is not helpful.

Old 02-23-2018, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggier View Post
Just post a screen shot of the issue. A novel that repeats your prior posts is not helpful.

Now, it has extended to YouTube, besides Facebook.

I just do not know how to post a screen shot.

Would you be able to explain it to me on how to do it in easy cyber- space language, and I will try it.

Thank you,

Old 02-24-2018, 01:09 AM

28,622 posts, read 40,604,922 times
First things first. If you are as unfamiliar with computers and Windows as you claim STOP DELETING FILES!

The deleted file C\:windows\system 32\atibtmon.exe should still be in the recycle bin if you have not emptied it. Do NOT empty it while you are fixing this problem.

You will see the recycle bin on the desktop. It looks like a wastebasket with paper in it and has a little recycle symbol on it. This it for Windows 10. Yours may be a different shape depending on your Windows version. Always give your version of Windows when asking for help.

Open the recycle bin and look for the file.

When you find the file right click it and choose Restore. The file will be restored to the original location.

I posted about the Snipping Tool in your other thread. You should not open multiple threads concerning the same subject. It frustrates those trying to help you because we have to go back and forth between them. You will find that users will stop posting because of this.

An alternative is to find PrtScr on one of the keyboard keys. If it is above another symbol then press and release the Fn key then press the key with PrtScr on it. Open a paint program and press and hold Ctrl then press C. This will copy the screen shot to the program. You can then save it to a file.

If you want just a portion of the screen the Snipping Tool works nicely for that.

Open the Snipping Tool and click on New. Place the little cross-hairs at one corner (I use the top right) of the area you want to copy then click once and drag the cross-hairs to the lower left. Click again to copy. This lets you choose any area on the screen (or all of it).

If you don't get exactly what you want the first time just Click on New again when the incorrect area is outlined. It will dump the existing outline and start over. Save it to a file and upload to CD.

Last edited by Tek_Freek; 02-24-2018 at 01:19 AM..

Old 02-24-2018, 07:57 AM

13,325 posts, read 20,374,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
First things first. If you are as unfamiliar with computers and Windows as you claim STOP DELETING FILES!

The deleted file C\:windows\system 32\atibtmon.exe should still be in the recycle bin if you have not emptied it. Do NOT empty it while you are fixing this problem.

You will see the recycle bin on the desktop. It looks like a wastebasket with paper in it and has a little recycle symbol on it. This it for Windows 10. Yours may be a different shape depending on your Windows version. Always give your version of Windows when asking for help.

Open the recycle bin and look for the file.

When you find the file right click it and choose Restore. The file will be restored to the original location.

I posted about the Snipping Tool in your other thread. You should not open multiple threads concerning the same subject. It frustrates those trying to help you because we have to go back and forth between them. You will find that users will stop posting because of this.

An alternative is to find PrtScr on one of the keyboard keys. If it is above another symbol then press and release the Fn key then press the key with PrtScr on it. Open a paint program and press and hold Ctrl then press C. This will copy the screen shot to the program. You can then save it to a file.

If you want just a portion of the screen the Snipping Tool works nicely for that.

Open the Snipping Tool and click on New. Place the little cross-hairs at one corner (I use the top right) of the area you want to copy then click once and drag the cross-hairs to the lower left. Click again to copy. This lets you choose any area on the screen (or all of it).

If you don't get exactly what you want the first time just Click on New again when the incorrect area is outlined. It will dump the existing outline and start over. Save it to a file and upload to CD.
Ctrl + C is to copy
Ctrl + V is to paste.

When they open a paint program, shouldn't they be using Ctrl + V?

Old 02-24-2018, 09:53 AM

28,622 posts, read 40,604,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Ctrl + C is to copy
Ctrl + V is to paste.

When they open a paint program, shouldn't they be using Ctrl + V?
Well, crap. Never post techie stuff when you're tired.

Thanks for the correction. Can't rep you again, too soon.

Old 02-24-2018, 03:31 PM

Default Tek_Freek

I cleaned my wastebasket, before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or