U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2018, 06:05 AM

872 posts, read 1,661,376 times

Advertisements

I'm wondering how you all mouse, and for those of you that have upgraded ones, which ones you like. I'm right-handed with big-hands, but I'm suddenly ergonomically conscious. I've learned that I type correctly through self-research, but mousing I'm not sure. I'm just looking primarily for office use, I don't game.

Any views on the following?

1. Any left-hand friendly wireless (near-) silent mouse available that's not tiny? Doesn't have to gigantic but good if I can feel it. Doesn't have to be totally silent, but defintely less click click click-ing than a typical stock mouse. I have a new Logitech M330 but I haven't opened it and decided if to return it. I'd use it but I've been scared off by reviews saying it's strictly right handed and disastrous for lefties.

2. Who uses mouse wristpads and why? When I type my hands are not resting on the table/keyboard rest, but when I mouse my wrist and palm are on the table which I understand is wrong.

3. Is a vertical mouse worth it, and is it easy enough to learn with your other side?

4. Do you just use a basic mouse or are you used to features like hyperscrolling and side buttons?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2018, 08:10 AM

11,825 posts, read 13,966,567 times
You want the best?

https://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mic...t-hand-edition

Old 02-27-2018, 01:54 PM

5,374 posts, read 11,281,537 times
Rather than a "mouse" used as an input device, I prefer the "pen-type" input, which I also use on a large input pad. I use the input pad for CAD.
The "pen/stylus" is ambidextrous?

For my laptop I also a pen type input, but no need for a pad.

Old 02-27-2018, 02:58 PM

9,044 posts, read 11,225,362 times
I use my "thumb-and index finger mouse" -- Works great, always available and doesn't need to be plugged-in or have its batteries changed. (I did buy a pencil gadget for writing notes on my tablet, but, it hasn't been out of the drawer for 2-years).

Old 02-27-2018, 03:53 PM

14,523 posts, read 7,678,267 times
For years I used a wired Kensington Track Ball, and loved it. But when Apple finally perfected their mouse, I began using a Mighty Mouse 2 and am well satisfied.

Haha, the newest Kensington trackball is a bit pricey, but is probably great.
https://www.kensington.com/us/us/449...less-trackball

Old 02-27-2018, 07:42 PM

5,725 posts, read 6,916,868 times
I use a combination of touchpad and an external mouse...after a 16 hour stint of image editing I developed some intense pain in my right hand, it recurs if I use the mouse buttons a lot, so I generally move the cursor using the mouse and tap the touchpad/buttons on the pad with my other hand.

Old 02-27-2018, 09:19 PM

28,622 posts, read 40,604,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superseiyan View Post
I'm wondering how you all mouse, and for those of you that have upgraded ones, which ones you like. I'm right-handed with big-hands, but I'm suddenly ergonomically conscious. I've learned that I type correctly through self-research, but mousing I'm not sure. I'm just looking primarily for office use, I don't game.

Any views on the following?

1. Any left-hand friendly wireless (near-) silent mouse available that's not tiny? Doesn't have to gigantic but good if I can feel it. Doesn't have to be totally silent, but defintely less click click click-ing than a typical stock mouse. I have a new Logitech M330 but I haven't opened it and decided if to return it. I'd use it but I've been scared off by reviews saying it's strictly right handed and disastrous for lefties.

2. Who uses mouse wristpads and why? When I type my hands are not resting on the table/keyboard rest, but when I mouse my wrist and palm are on the table which I understand is wrong.

3. Is a vertical mouse worth it, and is it easy enough to learn with your other side?

4. Do you just use a basic mouse or are you used to features like hyperscrolling and side buttons?
I'm lost.

Old 02-28-2018, 06:05 AM

872 posts, read 1,661,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
I'm lost.
I'm switching to mousing on my left side at work so I can jot down notes quickly on my right side right next to the keyboard.

Old 02-28-2018, 06:17 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,489,851 times
I have been so sold on using thumb-wheel mice that I always have three identical ones. One for my home PC, one to keep in my laptop bag, and one to use at work, replacing whatever they supply.

Your hand cups the device and then does NOT move. Your thumb moves, your fingers press buttons, etc, but your hand, and the mouse, don't move.
It's by-far the most comfortable, ergonomic solution.
It still has the resolution of an optical sensor, but the surface scanned stays a lot cleaner since it's not a desk surface.
And, you need 1/4 the desk space since the mouse doesn't move, or need a mouse pad, or wrist rest. And the cable doesn't have to move in and out (if you've not gone wireless).

Here is what I like:
https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-910-.../dp/B0043T7FXE

Don't look at the Gaming Mice, unless you need many user-programmable buttons, switches, etc. (Or want that cool Cobalt Blue LEDs inside)

Old 02-28-2018, 12:40 PM

28,622 posts, read 40,604,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superseiyan View Post
I'm switching to mousing on my left side at work so I can jot down notes quickly on my right side right next to the keyboard.

Missed that. Smart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or