U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 04:39 PM

28,622 posts, read 40,604,922 times

Advertisements

I'm sure the OP is relieved to know that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2018, 05:06 PM

5,110 posts, read 1,711,676 times
Well if I did something illegal, I had no idea. All I did was read that they a student needs to purchase it, so I got a student to do it, and just took it from there and filled out the license with my own information. I never gave it a second though that it was illegal, especially since I still feel that the company approved it. After the student bought it for me, I registered for a license, with my own name and information, and they didn't even say or do anything about it. They gave me the go ahead, even though my name, did not match the students, so I feel that they approved it.

Plus why would the company care anyway, since they are are a business and out to make money? Why limit sales only to students. Someone bought their product and they made money so why not feel proud of that, instead of being discriminatory towards non-student customers who want to buy their products?

And even if I bought it again, wouldn't I still need a student to get it for me still?

Old 03-04-2018, 05:13 PM

5,725 posts, read 6,916,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
I didn't think I got it illegally from the student though. I read that in order to get the product for a much much cheaper price, you had to be a student, so I got the student to buy it and then give to me. It didn't say anything about giving the product away to someone else, as being illegal when I did that, so I assumed it was legal. Lots of people buy things, and then give them to other people after, so how was I suppose to know that this one particular case, it would be illegal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Oh okay. After the student bought it for me and gave it to me, which I payed him for, I then installed it on my system. I filled out the registry license and filled it out with my own name and they accepted it.

So since I thought they accepted me registering for it, even though it was purchased by someone else, that the company was okay with it. The company would have noticed that a student purchased it, but yet someone with a different name registered for the license, and they still didn't say anything, so I didn't think they had a problem with it.
Oh, come on.

You set out to cheat, and you *know* you cheated. The rest of this stuff you're trying to foist off on us is bullscat, and you know *that* too. You've admitted that you set out to cheat and take advantage of a discount that you knew you were not entitled to, completely premeditated, trying to pretend otherwise is idiotic. What is really dumb, is that you seem to think that even though the people whom you are asking for advice to cheat further are smarter than you we won't see through your poor attempts at obfuscation.

Quit thieving and pony up the bucks for a legit copy. You know that what you did was dishonest.

Old 03-04-2018, 07:05 PM

5,110 posts, read 1,711,676 times
Okay thanks. Yeah it was dishonest of me and I was trying to pay a discount price.

They got back to me though, and they renewed my license for free and I didn't even have to upgrade or anything. So that was nice of them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or