U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2018, 09:32 AM

2,715 posts, read 3,006,243 times

Advertisements

I have lost something. Rather, my brain has lost something. Where, pray tell, is the Command button on the iMac keyboard? It has to be one of the three in the lower left corner. One of two because it is not Options. That's the Alternate button. I did find an illustration of my keyboard at Wiki but it shows a fourth button for Command. I have only three buttons.

Also, please confirm the Escape combination. I have Command/Alternate/Escape. Is that correct?

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2018, 11:24 AM

46 posts, read 65,082 times
A picture of your keyboard would be helpful. My iMac keyboard is as described in Wiki, with the command button adjacent to the space bar

Old 04-28-2018, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easychair View Post
A picture of your keyboard would be helpful. My iMac keyboard is as described in Wiki, with the command button adjacent to the space bar
Is that button (your button next to the space bar) one of three or one of four? I ask because I did find a picture of my keyboard at Wiki except that it had a fourth button next to the space bar which it called the command button. I did not find a picture of my keyboard with only three buttons in the lower left. That seemed to be the only difference. The key next to the space bar on mine has an apple symbol and anther symbol that i cannot reproduce. I am sorry that I am not able to reproduce a picture of my keyboard. Thank you.

Old 04-28-2018, 12:03 PM

7,249 posts, read 5,710,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel W View Post
Is that button (your button next to the space bar) one of three or one of four? I ask because I did find a picture of my keyboard at Wiki except that it had a fourth button next to the space bar which it called the command button. I did not find a picture of my keyboard with only three buttons in the lower left. That seemed to be the only difference. The key next to the space bar on mine has an apple symbol and anther symbol that i cannot reproduce. I am sorry that I am not able to reproduce a picture of my keyboard. Thank you.
That is the command key. Apple removed the Apple symbol and replaced it with "cmd" or "command" some time back, but it's the same key.

Old 04-28-2018, 12:54 PM

5,424 posts, read 8,795,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel W View Post
I have lost something. Rather, my brain has lost something. Where, pray tell, is the Command button on the iMac keyboard? It has to be one of the three in the lower left corner. One of two because it is not Options. That's the Alternate button. I did find an illustration of my keyboard at Wiki but it shows a fourth button for Command. I have only three buttons.

Also, please confirm the Escape combination. I have Command/Alternate/Escape. Is that correct?

Thank you.
This webpage may help https://www.mactrast.com/2011/05/how...s-and-symbols/

And yes, ⌘ + Option + Esc = Forced Quit.

It might help you to copy some of the Shortcuts from the above webpage to your Notes app, for future reference, and you can also then copy and paste the ⌘ symbol as needed.

Old 04-28-2018, 01:22 PM

Thank you both. I'll make notes. I only got this, my first, Apple keyboard. It is the old-style one with more sections of various kinds of keys, one being the numeric keypad, of course. It was given to me and I love it. Has the old-fashioned kind of keys with depressed tops.

And, Earl, thanks for the web page link. I'll pay them a visit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers