U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 10:21 PM

16,726 posts, read 29,336,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
^ so isnt skype, webex, tango, .... the problem is that the hiring manager in the op refuses to use anything not made by apple, inc.
It's very possible that the company uses Apple devices. Where I work at we use both Apple and all kinds of non-Apple devices. But the ones used the most for teleconferences are Macs. You can have a video conference even by using an iPod. In the offices we use PC's, but for work or family related conferences we use iPads, right from the place we may be working at. It's just convenient, free, and included in every Apple device, with IOS or OSX.

That said, I was reading this article about a FaceTime for PC installation. But I have no idea if this is a scam, so beware of the risks involved (don't download anything and install on your computer until you are sure of what it is):
https://facetimeappforpc.com

Last edited by RayinAK; 07-12-2018 at 10:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2018, 01:07 AM

4,915 posts, read 2,511,124 times
^ does apple make video conference software ? what i understand is that apple face-time is just 1 person and goggle-hangouts is up to 10 persons.

my job uses cisco-webex (used to be cisco-iphone) because we would have hundreds of workers from different work sites + offshores + w-a-h's call into the same conference.

Old 07-13-2018, 07:30 AM

13,339 posts, read 20,388,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
^ does apple make video conference software ? what i understand is that apple face-time is just 1 person and goggle-hangouts is up to 10 persons.

my job uses cisco-webex (used to be cisco-iphone) because we would have hundreds of workers from different work sites + offshores + w-a-h's call into the same conference.
Apple is going to upgrade FaceTime to allow multiple people at once. I think that is in the new iOS 12 coming out soon.

Old 07-16-2018, 06:38 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,290,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Apple is going to upgrade FaceTime to allow multiple people at once. I think that is in the new iOS 12 coming out soon.
Typical apple.. always late to the party and claim they are better and come up with it..

Mean while other fortune 500 companies been doing this for decades..

Old 07-17-2018, 11:50 PM

16,726 posts, read 29,336,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitpausebutton2 View Post
Typical apple.. always late to the party and claim they are better and come up with it..

Mean while other fortune 500 companies been doing this for decades..
FaceTime is just a perk to Apple product users. If there was money to be made from it, then Apple would follow the money. But as it is, FaceTime is quite good.
https://computer.howstuffworks.com/what-is-facetime.htm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or