U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2018, 06:14 PM

1,211 posts, read 553,906 times

Advertisements

Microsoft has been after me to change my password that is connected with my Yahoo email. I tried to do it, and was unable to because a RED page came in front and disappeared. I attempted several times to change my password, and was unable to do it, after that RED page appeared. It will not accept the password I had chosen, so I gave up, and ignored their plight to change my password.

Now, I am receiving the following Windows log on reminder: "Your password will expire in four days, press CTRL + ALT +DELETE, then click to change your password, and put in SHARED EXPERIENCES Settings. " There is a part of me that wants to believe it is not false..........but my other part has doubts because of so many scams taking place.

If I do not follow through, what will happen in four days from now, will they shut -off my computer?

Thanking you in advanced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2018, 06:20 PM

Default My Security.....

I forgot to tell you that: My security system is McAfee....

Old 08-26-2018, 09:44 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,290,077 times
no it will just force you to change your password, but i never get a email from Microsoft about changing passwords. Unless your hook up to a DC aka domain controler that holds your account, think you been phish

Old 08-26-2018, 10:18 PM

39,967 posts, read 57,815,785 times
Maybe your new password doesn't meet the requirements? Small/big letters, numbers, symbols, total number of characters?
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee,
Minnesota, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 08-26-2018, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Maybe your new password doesn't meet the requirements? Small/big letters, numbers, symbols, total number of characters?

I have had the same password for many, many years........this came all of a sudden.....and a red picture with huge black letters, came and left just as fast that I was unable to get a good look at it....

Old 08-27-2018, 08:52 AM

11,849 posts, read 13,978,818 times
Microsoft will never ask you to change any password. Ever.
If it is the 'Shared Experiences' thing that also will not ever ask you to CHANGE your password. It may ask you to UPDATE your password... is that where you are getting this? It will do this if you previously entered your Yahoo password and subsequently changed it. Now it's out of synch. Then they will ask you to UPDATE it because they've detected that you changed it. Get me? If you aren't using Shared Experiences (which lets you share stuff easier between 2 computers that you own), turn it off.

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/share...ces-windows-10

Old 08-27-2018, 09:08 AM

39,967 posts, read 57,815,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasie123 View Post
I have had the same password for many, many years........this came all of a sudden.....and a red picture with huge black letters, came and left just as fast that I was unable to get a good look at it....
In that case I would clean the computer (history, cache, cookies, scan for viruses and malware's, reset modem, restart system).
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee,
Minnesota, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 08-27-2018, 12:16 PM

25,412 posts, read 11,269,640 times
Why would Microsoft care what your Yahoo password was?

Old 08-27-2018, 12:30 PM

28,648 posts, read 40,627,244 times
Sounds like someone is phishing for your password. Did you have to put in your previous password during the change?

Old 08-27-2018, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Sounds like someone is phishing for your password. Did you have to put in your previous password during the change?
Originally, I placed the password for yahoo, several of them, because it did not accept the first one, that came to my mind. I also have another account with gmail, and gmail has my yahoo account, and signed me in automatically, because I have a bad memory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or