Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2018, 04:15 PM

1,326 posts, read 2,573,085 times

Advertisements

Hi Apple users!

I have a unique problem in ITunes. I've loaded a large number of cds of sixties music to my library and have created a playlist with about 119 songs from these discs. I made a folder on my desktop and downloaded the playlist to be able to use them on a flash drive in my car. So far, all is good.

Now comes the problem. I have some new cds and pulled some new files off them and added them to my playlist in my library. They show up on the playlist and in the computer, they all play. But when I download to a folder on my desktop, only the original songs in the original playlist download, not the ones I've added. I can't even shuffle the original files around. They will still download as if nothing has been touched. Now if they wouldn't show up on the playlist or if they wouldn't play on the computer, I could understand it, but I can shuffle them around in the playlist and they will play in the order I put them.

I've tried to highlight all and move to a new playlist and again, all move to the new playlist, but when I download to the desktop folder they still only show the original playlist in the original order.

I've even tried to load them one at a time into a new playlist and they come back up in the original order although the new songs do show up at the bottom of the playlist, but can't be shuffled around.

I'm not even sure if I totally delete the original file, and recreate a new playlist if they will just come up in the original order as the original playlist.

I'm totally baffled. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2018, 01:06 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,443,557 times
You need to send the new songs to the cloud before it will recognize your right to copy them to new playlists and such. File - library - update icloud music library
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers