Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 07:18 PM

16,548 posts, read 19,698,509 times

Advertisements

Wait... your wife plays W3?
OMG. LOVE HER.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2018, 08:39 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
Yes, and she is planning on getting 1 and 2.

We've been gaming for a very long time. The old Atari 400 and 800 then the 2600. She played those some, but when we got a PC and Wizardry came out.... Well that was the tipping point.

Old 09-24-2018, 12:40 PM

8,321 posts, read 13,450,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Yes, and she is planning on getting 1 and 2.

We've been gaming for a very long time. The old Atari 400 and 800 then the 2600. She played those some, but when we got a PC and Wizardry came out.... Well that was the tipping point.
I would have send my copies to her for free. One of the later ones came with my motherboard as a promotional game and it was highly raved but I could not never like or get into that game after multiple attempts.

I never liked little characters in 3rd person view. It could easily turn me off from a game. A more recent experience was with Dead by Daylight. I disliked the camera angle and controls so much I stopped playing it after a few attempts.

The only game with solo 3rd person view that I liked to date was Hitman.

On topic, seeing how easily and commonly compromised company servers are getting hacked makes me laugh at the illusion of cyber security. You can do your best and secure all your information and some company gets lousy and neglects securing or properly decommissioning their server and your confidential info gets compromised, effectively nullifying all your efforts.

We are at a point where people should be using the temp credit cards for online purchase of any kind. Cards that work a lot like a gift card. Use vm for contact numbers, mailing addresses from Mailboxes, etc.

;\

Old 09-24-2018, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
I would have send my copies to her for free. One of the later ones came with my motherboard as a promotional game and it was highly raved but I could not never like or get into that game after multiple attempts.

I never liked little characters in 3rd person view. It could easily turn me off from a game. A more recent experience was with Dead by Daylight. I disliked the camera angle and controls so much I stopped playing it after a few attempts.

The only game with solo 3rd person view that I liked to date was Hitman.

On topic, seeing how easily and commonly compromised company servers are getting hacked makes me laugh at the illusion of cyber security. You can do your best and secure all your information and some company gets lousy and neglects securing or properly decommissioning their server and your confidential info gets compromised, effectively nullifying all your efforts.

We are at a point where people should be using the temp credit cards for online purchase of any kind. Cards that work a lot like a gift card. Use vm for contact numbers, mailing addresses from Mailboxes, etc.

;\

If you're talking W1 & 2 she hasn't bought them yet. I'll pay for shipping.

Security? Yeah. My wife was still working for the Feds when that breach happened a few years back. What a mess! I still can't believe that information was on a system that was accessible over the Internet. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Old 12-26-2018, 06:57 PM

1 posts, read 335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
If you look at my post right above yours it tells you. It what is on Google when I click the link in the email regarding the security breach. I didn't come up with anything. Google did.
I too have this problem am in Germany and using a VPN and windows 7 and I installed windows 10 a few days ago befor xmas and today I noticed my address was changed too privat with this ip address on it then I looked for this on the web and google earth found this buliding I think they work for the NSA and Microsoft. 12025 Waterfront Dr Ste 300. Los Angeles, CA 90094.and I found this also Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, Inc. offers Internet unique identifiers administration services. The company oversees and coordinates domain name system, Internet protocol addresses, space allocation, protocol port and parameter numbers, generic and country code, top level domain name system, and root server system management functions. Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, Inc. was founded in 1998 and is based in Los Angeles, California.[url]https://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=8317409[/url] Um do they work for NSA? today is 12/27/2018

Old 12-26-2018, 08:07 PM

No they are not.

As it turns out I receive this warning when I switch between my phone, laptop, and tablet. Google picks up on the change in the address of the machine.

I ignore them since it's a false positive.

Old 12-27-2018, 06:21 PM

7,057 posts, read 9,080,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NATURALSPIRIT View Post
I too have this problem am in Germany and using a VPN and windows 7 and I installed windows 10 a few days ago befor xmas and today I noticed my address was changed too privat with this ip address on it then I looked for this on the web and google earth found this buliding I think they work for the NSA and Microsoft. 12025 Waterfront Dr Ste 300. Los Angeles, CA 90094.and I found this also Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, Inc. offers Internet unique identifiers administration services. The company oversees and coordinates domain name system, Internet protocol addresses, space allocation, protocol port and parameter numbers, generic and country code, top level domain name system, and root server system management functions. Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, Inc. was founded in 1998 and is based in Los Angeles, California.https://www.bloomberg.com/research/s...vcapId=8317409 Um do they work for NSA? today is 12/27/2018

Yes, they are now after you. You are marked for extinction. RUN. Run fast, run far. Don't look back, they will be right behind you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers