Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2019, 03:03 PM

1,210 posts, read 887,776 times

Advertisements

Must be free. I'm too cheap to pay.

There used to be a great program I thought it was from Google or Chrome, maybe even Microsoft...but I think it was discontinued. Couldn't find it here Google Graveyard: Killed By Google.
I've tried Vysor, Airdroid, Teamviewer, and Apowermirror.
They either didn't work OR they didn't let you control the phone (needed pro version).
Yes, I have USB debugging enabled.
Yes I have ADB drivers installed.

Ideally (but not required) it would work without admin priv (so I can get it to work at work), like through a Chrome extension or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2019, 12:17 AM

5,921 posts, read 13,848,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Native View Post
Must be free. I'm too cheap to pay.

Ideally (but not required) it would work without admin priv (so I can get it to work at work), like through a Chrome extension or something.
What are you actually trying to do?

Old 08-13-2019, 08:01 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,467,804 times
Teamviewer works for me but it doesn't work perfectly with every brand of phone.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...arket&hl=en_US

For the other way around, controlling PC with phone, try Chrome Remote Desktop.
https://remotedesktop.google.com/

Old 08-13-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irman View Post
What are you actually trying to do?
I want to control my android from my PC. I'm thisclose to getting it to work with Vysor (the display comes up but nothing happens when I click the icons on the phone as displayed on my PC).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE4gSyDl3_Q

Old 08-13-2019, 06:19 PM

[quote=gguerra;55922998]Teamviewer works for me but it doesn't work perfectly with every brand of phone.

I have an LG V30 so there may be little idiosyncrasies that are holding me back. Trying to use Vysor with a Win 7 PC. I'm close but still can't control phone. The phone appears on my screen (the phone is mirrored on my PC screen) BUT nothing happens if I click the phone's icons as displayed on the PC screen.

Old 08-14-2019, 08:16 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,467,804 times
[quote=SoCal_Native;55928667]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
Teamviewer works for me but it doesn't work perfectly with every brand of phone.

I have an LG V30 so there may be little idiosyncrasies that are holding me back. Trying to use Vysor with a Win 7 PC. I'm close but still can't control phone. The phone appears on my screen (the phone is mirrored on my PC screen) BUT nothing happens if I click the phone's icons as displayed on the PC screen.
I can only speak for Teamviewer, it may be that you are missing the add-on for LG?

Install the regular free version on your PC. On your phone install Teamviewer Quicksupport. Open up the app on the phone, go through the initial screens, click "done", if the device is compatible it will prompt you to download an add-on for LG, download and install it. Go back to apps on the phone and open up the Teamviewer QS app, when the "ID" appears on the screen, type that into the PC version of Teamviewer click connect, then allow on the phone. I have an LG V20, Android 8 and it works for me.

Old 08-14-2019, 08:23 AM

Damn....I just tried (usb) Vysor (chrome) at work (win 10) and it works perfectly! At work I am not an admin either. So, it must be something about my home rig (win 7). At home I get the mirroring but I nothing happens when I click on my phone's icons as displayed on my PC screen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers