U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 11:46 AM

11,727 posts, read 11,309,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedask View Post
First I Was Using My Computer And Skypeing With my friend then my computer started to overheat then i ran away and the computer caught on fire
Another Skype-related tragedy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2009, 12:08 PM

59 posts, read 42,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedask View Post
First I Was Using My Computer And Skypeing With my friend then my computer started to overheat then i ran away and the computer caught on fire

Ya, gotta watch out for those skype fires. They are everywhere. There's a skype warning in California as we speak.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:45 AM

1 posts, read 1,553 times
I bought three of the same systems Gateway MD7820u Two of the three have had problems . First one became so hot that it melted the stand it was on . It began by turning off within ten mintues of starting it up. Then one day while my son was using the computer I could smell an electrical burning I found it to be coming from his computer. Immediately unplugged it from the wall and after picking it up found it had melted the stand .
The worst is my daughters computer two nights ago she was working on a paper , He beagn screaming when I went to see what was going on I found black smoke rolling from the computer. I tried to pick it up but it was to hot to touch . I grabbed a towel and carried the smoking computer out of the house .
Now lets talk GATEWAY SUPPORT, or should we say lack of The first computer I took to have repaired a Geek Squad after having it for one month they said it was manufacturer problem and that they can not fix it. Having spending HOURS on the phone with gateway Support the warranty expired. So the said nothing they can do.... The second computer took nearly 4 hours to get thru to the proper support after threating consumer affairs and the news . I must say they had great prices but NEVER AGAIN .... One year and I need Two out of Three replacements.

Old 11-07-2010, 01:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,310 times
For people who have Gateway laptop freezing issues. The issue seems to be with the laptop fan, which is in below the laptop. Once the computer is doing extra processing or multiple processing the fan trios to run faster and cool, but it cannot do it properly, so the sensor is sending the signal to freeze the screen and makes the computer go blank. Please raise teh laptop and put it on something so that the fan region is naked and can blow the air. Do not hide the fan area at all. This will help it to cool down more and not freeze. The problem is in Gateway NV52... series like that.

Old 11-07-2010, 04:33 PM

10,753 posts, read 18,008,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatewayLaptopFreezing View Post
For people who have Gateway laptop freezing issues. The issue seems to be with the laptop fan, which is in below the laptop. Once the computer is doing extra processing or multiple processing the fan trios to run faster and cool, but it cannot do it properly, so the sensor is sending the signal to freeze the screen and makes the computer go blank. Please raise teh laptop and put it on something so that the fan region is naked and can blow the air. Do not hide the fan area at all. This will help it to cool down more and not freeze. The problem is in Gateway NV52... series like that.
I don't know if this is a crafty spammer or someone that just truly has no clue what they're talking about, or both.

Old 11-07-2010, 06:19 PM

28,622 posts, read 40,604,922 times
Wacky tabaccy

Old 11-08-2010, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
I don't know if this is a crafty spammer or someone that just truly has no clue what they're talking about, or both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Wacky tabaccy
The thread was 7 months old when this person registered and made this his/her first post. One of those things that make you go hmmmmm.

Old 11-08-2010, 08:08 AM

10,753 posts, read 18,008,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
The thread was 7 months old when this person registered and made this his/her first post. One of those things that make you go hmmmmm.
And with a user name that's the same as the title of the thread, that makes me go wtf?

Old 11-08-2010, 09:45 AM

@NHDave: hmmmmm = wtf

Old 06-11-2011, 10:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,069 times
My Gateway is just a couple of years old and today it froze! Mouse nor keyboard will work, unless in safe mode which for some reason I can't get into any longer. I've tried to restore the computer to an earlier date that didn't work. I tried to restore to original settings and I can't get that to work at all. Gateway support wouldn't help because there was only a one year warranty!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers