U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2008, 07:36 AM

39 posts, read 126,632 times

Advertisements

Recently my computer crashed and I am working on getting it back to normal. Almost there,except for a few things:
1. I need to change the font back to the "standard font". The one i have now is Verdana,i believe, and a bit hard to read. It is the font on most everything on my computer from the address bar to the Desktop.

2.My computer shows low memory on Disc Drive D. It is because all the stuff used when I restored everything is on that now. I had a gal come look at it and she was gonna bring a partitioning device over? Anything i can do myself?

3. I used to be able to open more that one page at a time. Now when I open another window it closes my current one.

Thanx so much! This forum has been a lifesaver!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2008, 07:08 AM

4,243 posts, read 12,767,359 times
I think I can help with the font thing ...

A) right click anywhere on your desktop and choose Properties. Click on the Appearance tab, then click on the Advanced button. There's a dropdown list of Items, and when you choose certain ones (such as Active Title Bar for example), you can change the font to whatever you want. Go through the entire list of Items and make the font changes. When you're done, click OK, and then in the previous window click Apply.

B) In whatever manner you can access Internet Options, do so (you can do it from the Control Panel or in the top toolbar of your browser, choose Tools then Internet Options). Under the General Tab, near the bottom is a button for Fonts. Click that and change the font.

As for opening more than one page at a time, do you mean webpages? If you go to your top toolbar and click File then New then Window, your previous webpage goes away or does a new window appear on top? I guess I need more info to see if I know a workaround :-)

Old 09-07-2008, 01:52 PM

10,753 posts, read 18,008,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyzzy jayne View Post
2.My computer shows low memory on Disc Drive D. It is because all the stuff used when I restored everything is on that now. I had a gal come look at it and she was gonna bring a partitioning device over? Anything i can do myself?
What make/model of computer? If it's an HP or other OEM, the D drive is usually a system recovery partition used to restore your computers operating system, DO NOT mess with this partition if this is the case. It does not need any additional free space, just disable the notification or ignore it.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:11 AM

11,727 posts, read 11,309,113 times
When you restored your computer, you may have restored IE6. Download all windows updates (SP3 first) to make sure you have IE7, then you can surf using tabs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers