U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2008, 05:43 PM

175 posts, read 1,346,931 times

Advertisements

Hi- I am looking for a program I can purchase or download that will allow me to upload a photo of my face, and be able to change different things...eye color, fuller cheeks, change nose, change haircolor & style, etc. Sort of like trying on different "looks" before I go and get the haircut, colored contacts, or plastic surgery (ha!) Can anyone recommend something for me to try??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 05:56 AM

4,243 posts, read 12,765,214 times
My daughter has something on her MacBook that allows her to take a photo of herself with the built-in webcam and then manipulate it. I'm not Mac-savvy, so I don't know what it is.

The only "morphing" I've ever done is with different photo programs such as MGI - I guess I can't really consider it morphing since all I've done is some airbrushing and repainting and cutting out bits and pieces of unwanted things in the photo.

Here's a link to a review of morphing software ...
Morphing Software Review 2008

and here's a link to some free downloads (I can't vouch for any of these - never tried them):
Free morphing downloads (http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Search/morphing.html - broken link)

Old 09-19-2008, 09:51 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,897 posts, read 33,634,159 times
For that use, you want image-editing software, not morphing software.

Morphing software is the tool to use if you want to create the appearance of a transformation between two images. Let's say you have a headshot of you and a headshot of a lion. The morphing software will calculate the in-between steps of the transformation between your face and the lion's face.

Photoshop Elements is best inexpensive and powerful commercial software for image-editing. There is a free equivalent called The Gimp, which is challenging to install and even more challenging to use.

Old 09-22-2008, 04:51 PM

175 posts, read 1,346,931 times
Thanks! I will check them out.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:48 PM

2,868 posts, read 4,204,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
For that use, you want image-editing software, not morphing software.

Morphing software is the tool to use if you want to create the appearance of a transformation between two images. Let's say you have a headshot of you and a headshot of a lion. The morphing software will calculate the in-between steps of the transformation between your face and the lion's face.

Photoshop Elements is best inexpensive and powerful commercial software for image-editing. There is a free equivalent called The Gimp, which is challenging to install and even more challenging to use.
Is photoshop elements a work alone software or is it an addition to photoshop?
I use coral paint shop pro x, what is your opinion of this?

Old 09-24-2008, 12:03 AM

187,943 posts, read 77,776,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by makossa View Post
Is photoshop elements a work alone software or is it an addition to photoshop?
I use coral paint shop pro x, what is your opinion of this?
Photoshop elements is a light version of Photoshop. More like a amateurs version that sells for a fraction of the price the full version.

No opinion of Corel paint shop pro. As a rule Corel turns out good apps.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:06 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Photoshop elements is a light version of Photoshop. More like a amateurs version that sells for a fraction of the price the full version.

No opinion of Corel paint shop pro. As a rule Corel turns out good apps.
I agree with everything Nomadicus posted here.

I should have added that Photoshop Elements requires some skill to use. There are a lot of different tools within Elements, and it will take some time and experience to apply them to what you want to do.

Since you already have Paint Shop Pro, I recommend you try it out to experiment with a picture of yourself. Just make sure to save your original photo file, so that you won't have to make a new file if you make a mistake while you're learning.

Old 10-03-2008, 03:50 PM

The Photoshop tutorial at the link below reminded me of this thread. The info it contains could be useful for anyone who is trying to use the software to improve a person's appearance.

40 Cool Beauty Amplifying Photoshop Effects - PSDTUTS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or