Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 12:24 PM

4,620 posts, read 14,984,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
I believe the standard response to people who use it and are having issues is "Uninstall". *chuckle*
Yes, goodness, you DO know the standard response!!! Ok, you can ask me how many times I've installed and uninstalled and reinstalled the [explitives deleted] AOL programs over the past week. I wish, oh how I wish, AOL would tell me "hey I'm having a conflict with such-n-such, so please do something" --- but of course no, it just quits on me. HOWEVER, I'm on my education mission and I WILL get the upper hand over AOL (that's America OFF Line).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 11:52 PM

1,368 posts, read 6,504,086 times
mawipafl... use a different vendor. Earthlink offers dial-up, etc. You don't need to use AOHELL to get stuff done.

Btw, there is no chuckling whenever I click the uninstall button... there are pentagrams, salt lines, shotguns, garlic, wooden stakes, voodoo and any other arcane or obscure rituals I can use to protect myself from the evilness of AOL. And not a small amount of praying to all of the gods I can think of to ensure that AOL stays banished.

Last edited by Radek; 10-24-2008 at 11:54 PM.. Reason: fixt mistake

Old 10-25-2008, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek View Post
mawipafl... use a different vendor. Earthlink offers dial-up, etc. You don't need to use AOHELL to get stuff done.

Btw, there is no chuckling whenever I click the uninstall button... there are pentagrams, salt lines, shotguns, garlic, wooden stakes, voodoo and any other arcane or obscure rituals I can use to protect myself from the evilness of AOL. And not a small amount of praying to all of the gods I can think of to ensure that AOL stays banished.
Strangely, the more I work with AOL the more computer-educated I get --call me Pollyanna - always looking for the positives in the negatives :-) Or call me Alice -- I've been using the Alice in Wonderland approach to the curious and curiouser workings of AOL (and why I now have four AOL folders neatly labeled as a, b, c, and d -- I didn't do that, and each folder has similarities and differences.)

However, also call me Lazy -- yes, there are many other email vendors, dialup and otherwise, or I could get my AOL email through aol.com rather than the AOL software itself, but 1) I've had the same email address since 1994ish and it's out there everywhere, so changing would be an undertaking I'm not ready to make, and 2) I like aol.com even less than the AOL software.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:22 AM

1,368 posts, read 6,504,086 times
You can forward your e-mail from your aol e-mail address, or have it picked up by say gmail... and then just start replying from your new one.

Old 10-25-2008, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek View Post
You can forward your e-mail from your aol e-mail address, or have it picked up by say gmail... and then just start replying from your new one.
Duh on me - didn't think about forwarding - ummmm new food for thought. Thanks Radek!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers