Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2008, 06:08 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,897,644 times

Advertisements

I am trying to install the printer drivers of my HP 460 remote printer onto my work laptop. I have gotten all the way to printing a test sheet and was successful. However, after the test print, the printer disappeared from my selection of printers. Before it did that, I got an error message saying something like "the state language could not be found" or something weird like that. My work laptop has a hard drive encryption software, which boots automatically before I even sign on. Is this encryption program preventing me from installing the printer? When I check my programs, the printer is there, but it wouldn't appear in the selection of printers. I don't want to uninstall and reinstall the drivers again if it won't ever work. I'm trying to get this done before the company imaging is done, because after that, I won't be able to install a printer and I work from home sometimes. The policy is that they will keep whatever drivers are already on there before the imaging.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2008, 06:21 PM

535 posts, read 1,741,850 times
Can you post the exact error message?

What encryption software? We did Guardian Edge. Fun except on old laptops....many a drive went belly up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers