Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2009, 10:23 PM

312 posts, read 858,103 times

Advertisements

in denver
want to hook up gf ipod mini to see her songs that i might wamt.
how do i do that and keep my playlist on y computers playlist and not earse it .
then add the songs from her mini to my playlist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2009, 07:05 AM

535 posts, read 1,736,209 times
I don't think you can. If you connect her ipod to your system it will ask if you want to set it up to work on yours and her songs will go away (from her ipod).

She can export her playlists and you can import then let her know what you want and she can burn them to a CD.

There are "other means" of getting songs off of ipods, you could google around for that (not sure if explaining it would be a TOS violation here so I won't).

Old 01-18-2009, 01:44 PM

i dont get it?

Old 01-18-2009, 06:48 PM

2,679 posts, read 11,699,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by basaltfire View Post
in denver
how do i do that and keep my playlist on y computers playlist and not earse it .
Try this.

Yet another iPod manager - Documentation

Old 01-18-2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniummd View Post
cant get it to help make a playlist under my own playlist in itunes

Old 01-19-2009, 06:56 AM

2,679 posts, read 11,699,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by basaltfire View Post
in denver
Only other way, is by using it like a hard drive and dragging the songs from her IPOD to yours ->then update your playlist; but I have never done that.

Old 01-22-2009, 01:35 AM

1,941 posts, read 9,216,117 times
is it possible to transfer songs using the ipod if she signs in on your itunes and authorizes the computer to play her songs?

i've never tried this so i'm just guessing here.

Old 01-22-2009, 05:54 PM

1,095 posts, read 3,985,969 times
I don't believe you can generally drag and drop to move files to or from an ipod as you can with a zune or some other devices. It is possible to move music from an ipod to a pc, but you can't do that with itunes. There are a couple of programs that will do this and I'm sure you can find them with a google search like this: copy music from ipod to pc - Google Search

you can use multiple ipods on a computer but each ipod can sync to only one computer at a time. So what you need to do is get the music from the ipod that doesn't sync with this computer, using one of the methods on the link I provided. Then import it into itunes, select it, deselect all the other music, and attach the "other" ipod and sync. It will wipe out all the music on that ipod, but since you're replacing it with copies from the new computer it should be fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers