U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 11:24 AM

17 posts, read 28,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naptowner View Post
I'm sorry . . . that's half the laptops on the market. I've never heard of anyone having this problem, and just about everyone I know has laptops and has used them for years . . . never anyone at my old law firm, where dozens of people had laptops and used them daily.
I wish it was really half the laptops on the market but it really isn't.

I also know hundreds of people and countless companies that have never had a single power pin problem. I'm also getting to know (first hand) an awful lot of people and companies that have had the problem.

Simple question: Why would so many repair shops be in the business of repairing the pin if it wasn't a problem somewhere with someone?

Google Results: 2,430,000 for laptop power pin problems.

laptop power pin problems - Google Search

Quote:
Don't take it personally, but your credibility is undermined by the fact you're trying to sell the product. .
Well if my "credibility" is undermined from presenting facts ... so be it.

Quote:
Anyway, I think the OP's question has been answered; no one here uses it, and the only one who thinks it's a good idea is the guy trying to sell them.
Cept'n maybe the thousands of people that have bought the kit. or the companies that issue them with their laptops ...

Look, I don't mean to offend anyone, but I get calls and orders everyday from people that have had the problem and feel that this is a way to help preclude it happening again. I look on the web and see that it is a problem for some people.

I also get calls from companies, schools, IT departments that are interested in using the product to either solve a problem that they have had or don't want to have.

Does everyone have the problem, no of course not.

I came to this forum so that at least you would have factual information about the problem and our product ... not to sell you or any other member the product.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 11:48 AM

28,607 posts, read 40,593,270 times
Interesting idea. Not something I would use, but interesting. From their website:

We are certain that you will be 100% satisfied with your JerkStopper™. As such we offer a One Year money back guarantee. Simply try our product for 90 days. If you are not completely satisfied, return the product to us within 1 year for a complete refund less shipping fees.

1. Try it for 90 days but return it for one year? What happens if I use it for 91 days and try to return it in a year?

2. Complete refund less shipping fees. So I return it and pay $8+ to ship it to you (I only use UPS) plus the cost of the container to ship it (another $1 at least?), and get a complete refund less shipping (and I assume handling) fees, which is $10 if I read the ad correctly. The time required to get it sent back isn't worth something less than $1. I'd bet no one ever takes you up on it.

I know I'm picking on you a bit, but I always get a kick out of ad writers and the obvious things they miss.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Interesting idea. Not something I would use, but interesting. From their website:

We are certain that you will be 100% satisfied with your JerkStopperâ„¢. As such we offer a One Year money back guarantee. Simply try our product for 90 days. If you are not completely satisfied, return the product to us within 1 year for a complete refund less shipping fees.

1. Try it for 90 days but return it for one year? What happens if I use it for 91 days and try to return it in a year?
Still get your money back . . The idea is (I believe) to get you, or the customer to actually use the product for a reasonable amount of time.

Quote:
2. Complete refund less shipping fees. So I return it and pay $8+ to ship it to you (I only use UPS) plus the cost of the container to ship it (another $1 at least?), and get a complete refund less shipping (and I assume handling) fees, which is $10 if I read the ad correctly. The time required to get it sent back isn't worth something less than $1. I'd bet no one ever takes you up on it. .
Brown manila envelope costs about a dime....$ 1.18 to ship via USPS. And so far (he says knocking on wood) we've shipped thousands and thousand that way and haven't lost a single one.

We did have one lady that contacted us a month after buying her kit, never installed it and had had her laptop stolen. She relabeled the original package and returned the product for a full refund. I got an email from her a few months later telling me that she finally bought a new laptop and got a JS kit from the seller.

Quote:
I know I'm picking on you a bit, but I always get a kick out of ad writers and the obvious things they miss.
No big deal . . .

Old 02-12-2009, 02:04 PM

1,097 posts, read 3,619,024 times
I'm not accusing you of being dishonest, Tech Jerk, just saying that the opinion of anyone like you who has a vested interest in something, whether it's a product, a service, whatever, carries less weight, even if everything you're saying is true.

Anyway, good luck with the product.

Old 02-12-2009, 02:39 PM

Quote:
I'm not accusing you of being dishonest, Tech Jerk, just saying that the opinion of anyone like you who has a vested interest in something, whether it's a product, a service, whatever, carries less weight, even if everything you're saying is true.

Anyway, good luck with the product.
I do understand what you're saying ...

I guess that's why I tried to offer up facts and not just my opinion.

Old 02-15-2009, 06:07 AM

844 posts, read 2,708,252 times
Teck Jerk,.........Appreciate all the input you have made to this thread; you have provided some invaluable insight.

However, I'm actually hoping more of the regular day-to-day laptop folks that have/are using the product will chime in.

Thanks again,.....marc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or