U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2009, 01:40 PM

1,354 posts, read 3,569,003 times

Advertisements

I swear I don't remember these darn things being so expensive! I have an old HP PSC 500 and just want the #15 black cartridge for it.

I'd prefer to stick with OEM HP cartridge, not a generic or reconditioned.

Either brick and mortar, or online, who has best prices? I was going to do a twinpack for $69 on Office Max but got very frustrated with their website - couldn't figure out what entire cost would be with S&H and TX sales tax (would you believe phone rep said she didn't have the info in her PC???) Then I decided -- is it NOT possible to spend less than $36 or so per cartridge??? If not, I'll just drive the 5 miles to a store and get it there and skip all the online time and aggravation.

Thanks.

(Couldn't decide whether to post here or in Shopping forum, but figured the true ink experts would be here!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 01:47 PM

28,607 posts, read 40,593,270 times
Here ya go:

Newegg.com - HP C6653FN#140 Black 15 Twinpack Inkjet Print Cartridge - Supplies - Ink Cartridges / Toners

Click on see price in cart. $52 with $3 shipping for a two pack.

Old 02-12-2009, 02:13 PM

THANKS tek-freek!! (I too like your status re the 'icanhascheezburger' cat pix...!)

The twinpack is ordered! Wow...what a price break! Does newegg usually have the best deals or does it depend on the item? What's the gimmick with not "seeing" the price until you check the 'see cart' thing? (Though they do cheat a bit by saying the regular price is $89 -- even I could find a better deal than that.)

I also ordered thru an ebates.com window so I'll add 2% of the price back to my next rebate check! Thanks so much again for taking the time.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:28 PM

28,607 posts, read 40,593,270 times
I always check newegg and amazon.com before buying almost anything. Not sure what the see price in cart bit is, but as long as I get a good deal I'll jump through their hoop.

You can also look at these sites:
dealmac.com: The best deals on iPod, iMac and MacBook. Find sales on Macs, new and refurbished Apple systems.
FatWallet Forums - Hot Deals
PRICEWATCH :: Price Comparison Tool - Find the lowest prices on computer parts, electronics and more before you buy

And look through the pinned thread at the top of this forum. It has a lot of good info on where to buy stuff.

Old 02-13-2009, 06:41 AM

10,752 posts, read 18,003,358 times
Holy cow, that's what ink is going for these days?! Glad I switched to a laser, that's rediculous, talk about a racket.

Old 02-13-2009, 07:40 AM

34,300 posts, read 59,614,483 times
I dumped ink a few years ago for laser.
But, I don't need very high quality photo printing.

I get ALL of my toner on EBay, usually for about 25% of retail, but sometimes for 10% of retail, and sometimes for less than that.
Factory-sealed is the way to go.

I would think that ink would also be available, but would be concerned about the age of the cartridge, particularly if it is not sealed.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:26 AM

2,533 posts, read 6,514,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfancier View Post
I swear I don't remember these darn things being so expensive! I have an old HP PSC 500 and just want the #15 black cartridge for it.

I'd prefer to stick with OEM HP cartridge, not a generic or reconditioned.

Either brick and mortar, or online, who has best prices? I was going to do a twinpack for $69 on Office Max but got very frustrated with their website - couldn't figure out what entire cost would be with S&H and TX sales tax (would you believe phone rep said she didn't have the info in her PC???) Then I decided -- is it NOT possible to spend less than $36 or so per cartridge??? If not, I'll just drive the 5 miles to a store and get it there and skip all the online time and aggravation.

Thanks.

(Couldn't decide whether to post here or in Shopping forum, but figured the true ink experts would be here!)
I use ebay for my OEM cartridges,have found refills not reliable,have never had problem with outdated sealed HP cartridge.I have HP648C,a old horse but works fine.Just bought 49 color for ninety nine cents,better than $20 plus.

Old 02-13-2009, 10:49 AM

I completely forgot about ebay!! What was I thinking??

But then...someone usurped (or tried to) my ID there in late '08 and I got conflicting/frustrating information from the ebay administration so ebay fell off my radar for buying or selling...
Still...I just checked for "my" cartridges there and someone is selling a twinpack of NEW ones (or so he says) at a Buy it Now of only $17 plus free shipping!!
ARGGHHHHH! Yes, that beats the $54 I just spent for a twinpack with newegg...oh well.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers