U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 05:53 PM

410 posts, read 981,353 times

Advertisements

Please help. What is the easiest way to upload photos, say for ebay purposes? I have a cheap digital camera and for a while I would upload the photos to my computer using PhotoTags Express (software that came with the camera), then grab them through ebay. However, the camera/and or software doesn't seem to want to cooperate anymore. I have new Motorola Razr phone that seems to take good pictures. I tried to upload photos from my phone to PhotoTags but it didn't work either. Do I need a better camera or is there an easier way to go about this? I have a snapfish account, but apparently the photos need to be ON the computer first. I know I must sound like an idiot but I have never dealt much with phototechnology. Please help, rent is coming due and I need to make some money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 06:13 PM

48,516 posts, read 85,127,415 times
My wife e-mails the photos to herself off her cellphone.

Last edited by ShadowCaver; 03-29-2009 at 10:56 PM.. Reason: changed 'wide' to 'wife',,, don't ask me to change 'wife' into something else tho'! ;)

Old 03-29-2009, 08:06 PM

2,639 posts, read 5,282,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerguy View Post
Please help. What is the easiest way to upload photos, say for ebay purposes? I have a cheap digital camera and for a while I would upload the photos to my computer using PhotoTags Express (software that came with the camera), then grab them through ebay. However, the camera/and or software doesn't seem to want to cooperate anymore. I have new Motorola Razr phone that seems to take good pictures. I tried to upload photos from my phone to PhotoTags but it didn't work either. Do I need a better camera or is there an easier way to go about this? I have a snapfish account, but apparently the photos need to be ON the computer first. I know I must sound like an idiot but I have never dealt much with phototechnology. Please help, rent is coming due and I need to make some money.

What OS?

If you're using Vista, I would just use the built in Photo Transfer/Photo Gallery utility to import the photos from the camera, then upload them to whatever site.

If you're using XP and have Microsoft Office 2003, I would use the Picture Manager tool that comes with it. It should be under the program folder in the Start Menu, where the other Office apps are.

If you're using XP and do not have Office, I would download Irfanview. It's a free imaging software that will allow you to import scanned images. IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide

Old 03-29-2009, 08:23 PM

34,327 posts, read 59,671,507 times
I pull my SD card out of the camera, pop it into the side of the laptop, load photos to MS Windows XP My Pictures, select the ones I want and load them to Flickr via the Flickr UpLoader.

Takes moments, depending on the number of photos and whether I'm getting good bandwidth at the time.
Most I ever uploaded to Flickr at one batch was about 130. 8MP, full sized, took about 20 minutes.

Nothing to it.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:06 PM

410 posts, read 981,353 times
Default Wow!

Thanks for all the responses. I did what Texdav suggested and emailed the photos to myself. Wow! Was I ever shocked when it worked! I didn't know my phone had email capabilities but I was pleasantly surprised when I checked my email and found something in my inbox from my phone number. They came through very nice and clear. I just clicked on the photos and saved them to my computer. I knew there had to be an easier way. I don't even want to know how this worked when I don't even have wireless....Thanks again to all of you.

Old 03-18-2014, 03:58 PM

303 posts, read 1,525,699 times
I know this is an old thread, but I'm using old technology!

I have a 5 yr old HP Pavilion laptop w/ Windows Vista which has Microsoft Office Picture Manager 2003 on it & the browser I use is Internet Explorer 8. And for taking photos, I'm using a simple flip phone (which is almost 4 yrs old, still works!) I know, it's all old...

Trying to upload a photo or photos to my Craigslist room for rent ad, using photos I took w/ that phone & after sending the photo(s) to my personal email. Once in my email, when I download that photo, it goes to a Picture Manager folder w/ a jpg number (folder is "temporary internet files", but even after deleting temporary internet files on IE8, dozens or hundreds of those images/photos remain there!). But I've tried & can't figure out how to send/add/upload any of those photos to my Craigslist ad.

I know I sound really ignorant, but can someone advise me how to do this with my ancient technology??? (I've already done lots of Google searching to try to figure this out.)

Old 03-18-2014, 04:11 PM

4,958 posts, read 3,365,833 times
What you could try to do is once the pic is in the temp file, move it to a permanent home like in your library. When you get to Craiglist and when you can add a phone it should say "Browse". From there, you should be able to navigate your way to find where your pic is on your hard drive.

As for all those temp internet files, you can clean those up through a disc cleaning. Go to "My Computer" and right click. Then go down to "Properties." From there you can do a disc clean that will clean out your temp files. However IE is notorious for adding a bunch of crap to your computer. This is the reason why I never use it.

I hope this helps.

Cat

Old 03-20-2014, 09:44 AM

303 posts, read 1,525,699 times
Catwoman, thanks for the info, will try it soon.
However, I just realized I have Microsoft Office Picture Manager 2007 instead of the 2003 version, does anyone know if that makes a difference?

Old 03-20-2014, 10:03 AM

4,373 posts, read 9,522,241 times
Here's what I do...

I take a picture using my phone and then upload it to my Google Drive account (using the Drive mobile app). Then I go on my computer where all my Google Drive files are automatically synched, and just pull the file from that folder and upload to Ebay, Craigslist, or whatever...

The entire process takes less than a minute.

Old 03-20-2014, 11:23 AM

13,343 posts, read 17,784,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansky View Post
Here's what I do...

I take a picture using my phone and then upload it to my Google Drive account (using the Drive mobile app). Then I go on my computer where all my Google Drive files are automatically synched, and just pull the file from that folder and upload to Ebay, Craigslist, or whatever...

The entire process takes less than a minute.

The poster (newbie) has a flip phone. Can you use Google Drive app on a flip phone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers