Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 02:47 PM

620 posts, read 2,075,906 times

Advertisements

Tink aboud it BryceE. It similar to one giving themselves a stomach ache by eating a frog so they can ridicule and make fun of the doctor who has no idea why you'd want to befuddle him with frog induced cramps, when all their other customers have legitimate problems.

Symptomatically, someone that does that must have a whole litany of other social/psychological problems; Low self esteem, too much time to kill, self focused, unrequited need for (even undesirable) attention.

You seem like an intelligent guy. Just cut it out and you'll be fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 01:17 AM

154 posts, read 153,267 times
Best Buy 'experts' are 12.00 an hour wage slaves, not IT pros.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:18 AM

5,068 posts, read 10,099,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMama2009 View Post
Best Buy 'experts' are 12.00 an hour wage slaves, not IT pros.
They make that much???

Old 05-06-2009, 10:55 PM

154 posts, read 153,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.Pearson View Post
They make that much???
You think that's a lot of money?

I make average of 25.00 an hour doing sales, which I spend most the day just scratching my nuts.

Old 06-22-2014, 01:44 AM

26,144 posts, read 19,703,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceE
How many of you just find it funny as hell when these so called computer 'experts' say your problem is this or that? I knew what was wrong with my computer and I merely took it up to BestBuy just to see what they said and they're like it's a motherboard problem. My motherboard was fine, it was just a glitch from me having overclocked it to much. What idiots. A simple CMOS reset was all it needed.
Yes well THEY WANT $$$$$$$$$ so of course they are gonna try and say its more..... (Alot of people ARE DISHONEST)

Old 06-29-2014, 01:51 PM

2,126 posts, read 3,553,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceE View Post
How many of you just find it funny as hell when these so called computer 'experts' say your problem is this or that? I knew what was wrong with my computer and I merely took it up to BestBuy just to see what they said and they're like it's a motherboard problem. My motherboard was fine, it was just a glitch from me having overclocked it to much. What idiots. A simple CMOS reset was all it needed.
You didn't tell them you overclocked it CAUSING A MOTHERBOARD/PROCESSOR/MEMORY PROBLEM , did you?

You didn't even leave it with them to give them the opportunity to check it properly -- where they might or might not have found out what you did.

You chose the service division of a discount department store and are real proud that you "caught" them. Why don't you find an adversary that is a little more challenging if you must play such games.

I think this is less "funny as hell" than somewhat pathetic on your part.

I am in the vehicle repair business. If I told someone it sounds like their engine is not getting fuel and likely a fuel pump is bad as a first guess when they didn't even leave the vehicle with me, I would feel no need to defend myself for not knowing somebody filled the gas tank with water to try to set me up.

Don in Austin

Old 06-30-2014, 02:03 AM

41,815 posts, read 50,792,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceE View Post
I'm no fan of BB but why would anyone at BB even consider it was overclocked too much? People that overclock don't bring their computer to BB.

That's like taking a component in your car, changing some wires around inside and expecting the mechanic to figure out you changed some wires instead of determining the component is bad.

Old 06-30-2014, 02:14 AM

384 posts, read 347,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I'm no fan of BB but why would anyone at BB even consider it was overclocked too much? People that overclock don't bring their computer to BB.

That's like taking a component in your car, changing some wires around inside and expecting the mechanic to figure out you changed some wires instead of determining the component is bad.
You're asking a question to someone who has not participated on this forum for five years. It's likely to go unanswered.

Old 06-30-2014, 02:21 AM

LOL, didn't see the date on OP.

Old 06-30-2014, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Yes well THEY WANT $$$$$$$$$ so of course they are gonna try and say its more..... (Alot of people ARE DISHONEST)
You need a hobby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers