Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 01:51 PM

10,926 posts, read 21,997,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Of course my first question is:

Who would purposely screw up a computer by overclocking, then go to the trouble to haul it down to BB and go through all this to begin with? So they could start a thread here about how bad BB is; hell they could just make it all up and I really suspect this is all pure BS, or someone that really really needs a social life.
Now THAT deserves a donut
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 01:59 PM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
Now THAT deserves a donut
Does that equate to a social life? Inquiring minds want to know.

Old 04-29-2009, 02:08 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceE View Post
How many of you just find it funny as hell when these so called computer 'experts' say your problem is this or that? I knew what was wrong with my computer and I merely took it up to BestBuy just to see what they said and they're like it's a motherboard problem. My motherboard was fine, it was just a glitch from me having overclocked it to much. What idiots. A simple CMOS reset was all it needed.
I don't know anyone who considers or takes seriously anyone at Best Buy as "computer experts."

Old 04-29-2009, 04:47 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Of course my first question is:

Who would purposely screw up a computer by overclocking, then go to the trouble to haul it down to BB and go through all this to begin with? So they could start a thread here about how bad BB is; hell they could just make it all up and I really suspect this is all pure BS, or someone that really really needs a social life.
AN, we are in total agreement, and I couldn't have said it better.

Old 04-29-2009, 04:57 PM

215 posts, read 607,230 times
@Asheville Native: I have no social life and my OC was running good until I got it up past 4.16ghz XD. And I knew the problem, just thought I'd see what Best Buy would say. I figured the problem out a LONG time ago. Just thought it'd be funny what they said they thought it was.

/confused that everyone hates me

Old 04-29-2009, 05:57 PM

Your posts, especially your replies to others asking for help, are questionable. You seem to be trying to impress everyone with what you think you know, and anyone that builds their own PC's, and wastes the time taking it to BestBuy just for laughs is just screwy. It's not hate, we just have a higher standard here at CD

Old 04-29-2009, 06:04 PM

215 posts, read 607,230 times
I'm not trying to impress everyone because I know I don't know everything. I just suck at posting and comunicating in general.

So, sorry if I sound like a ass/jerk to anyone.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:07 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,734,561 times
Attention seeker.......

Old 04-29-2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
I'm not trying to impress everyone because I know I don't know everything. I just suck at posting and comunicating in general.

So, sorry if I sound like a ass/jerk to anyone.
Well, just have a look at what others are doing as far as replies, you'll figure it out pretty quick. Read the questions people post carefully, and try to provide info that's actually relevant to their problem. People come here to get help, if ya don't provide good, accurate info for them someone's gonna pounce on you like stink on a brown pile.
I spend my day setting up servers, workstations, networks, data recovery, building custom PC's, and cleaning my clients computers of all the crap they infected themselves with, and I'm here at night helping people for free because not everyone can afford to have a pro look at their computer. Giving bad or incorrect advise is worse than giving none at all.

Old 04-30-2009, 06:26 AM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times
Quote:
..... I have no social life .....
City-Data does have a forum on Relationships.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers