U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2009, 12:16 AM

23,985 posts, read 23,221,257 times

Advertisements

Trying to figure out how to copy a PDF and send it over to a CD. Do you have to enter each page and then send to write >> CD and then the next page and so on... The reason I ask is I have a 295 page manual that I want to put into 8.5" x 11" format instead of the current manual that's 3.5" X 4.75"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 10:13 AM

28,611 posts, read 40,594,929 times
When I create PDF files they end up as one long document. I may do this in a different manner than you(?).

I build documents in any given format, quite often Word, by adding graphics text, etc, then I print to Primo PDF and it creates a PDF file for me. Works great! Copying requires moving just one file.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:11 PM

Question Pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
When I create PDF files they end up as one long document. I may do this in a different manner than you(?).

I build documents in any given format, quite often Word, by adding graphics text, etc, then I print to Primo PDF and it creates a PDF file for me. Works great! Copying requires moving just one file.
This is all ready a generated PDF Document... that's the manual I all ready have, I just want to put it in a larger format for my old eyes and easier handling because the current document is 295 pages and the size 3.5" X 4.75"
I just want to regenerate the PDF into print 8.5 X 11. I tried copying the book and I came up with is the Short Cut Icon.... So the only other way is to send each page 1 by 1 over to be written on a CD... I guess
Don't know about Primo PDF... is that a subscription and would that regenerate page by page of what I all ready have for printing ?

Old 04-30-2009, 01:23 PM

5,500 posts, read 20,289,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman313 View Post
Trying to figure out how to copy a PDF and send it over to a CD. Do you have to enter each page and then send to write >> CD and then the next page and so on... The reason I ask is I have a 295 page manual that I want to put into 8.5" x 11" format instead of the current manual that's 3.5" X 4.75"
I'm confused. You want to change the format of an existing PDF? You have to scale the page to fit the new print area when you go to print.

Print as a PDF and burn onto a CD.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:58 PM

620 posts, read 1,883,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman313 View Post
The Adobe Reader software that comes with Windows or with OS X on the Mac lacks any significant ability to edit documents. Take a look at these and see if one of them will work for you.

Old 04-30-2009, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
I'm confused. You want to change the format of an existing PDF? You have to scale the page to fit the new print area when you go to print.

And with this unspecific "explanation" I'll bet Tinman is confused, too.

Old 04-30-2009, 02:06 PM

Primo PDF is a free application that acts like a printer except it sends the output to a file instead of a printer. You tell an app to print, pick Primo as the printer and choose some options.

Download PrimoPDF 4.1 - FileHippo.com

Tinman, do you have just the PDF file, or do you also have Acrobat (not reader, the full program).

Old 04-30-2009, 02:16 PM

Look through this listing for programs to convert from PDF to txt or Word formats. Once in that format you can change the page size, convert back to PDF (Primo PDF) and copy to a CD.

http://download.cnet.com/1770-20_4-0-1.html?query=pdf+layout&searchtype=downloads&filte r=licenseName=Free|platform=Windows&filterName=lic enseName=Free|platform=Windows&tag=mncol;pageb

Old 05-01-2009, 12:01 AM

Default PDF File

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post

I want to take the existing PDF Document and print it so it comes out in 8.5 x11 inch format.... I can down load the document page by page to the CD and then have the Office Supply place format it to print 8.5" X 11 " and bind it for me..... I was curious on how to move the PDF file all 292 pages over to the CD with out having to go page by page.... or is that the only way to move it?

Old 05-01-2009, 12:03 AM

Default Pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Look through this listing for programs to convert from PDF to txt or Word formats. Once in that format you can change the page size, convert back to PDF (Primo PDF) and copy to a CD.

http://download.cnet.com/1770-20_4-0-1.html?query=pdf+layout&searchtype=downloads&filte r=license Name=Free|platform=Windows&filterName=license Name=Free|platform=Windows&tag=mncol;page
Thanks I'll try that this week end..........

Update on this........ after finding a certain icon... " the golden padlock " and opening that it tells me that this document is locked and secured and you ain't no way your copying this document......Thanks to all for your input....

Last edited by TN Tin Man; 05-01-2009 at 12:13 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers