U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 02:59 PM

16,308 posts, read 25,264,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justalicious6989 View Post
we clearly had this argument in another thread
so its not your cup of tea, well thats great quit posting how you hate vista,
i hate mac but im not bashing it every thread i get the chance
I was asking what Vista does that I'm missing out on. I'm looking for enlightenment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 03:48 PM

526 posts, read 942,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
I was asking what Vista does that I'm missing out on. I'm looking for enlightenment
we constantly enlighten you.
i just dont feel like repeating myself once again.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:43 PM

7,946 posts, read 15,223,335 times
Quote:
Really?
What is to love about Vista?

It launches programs, it manages the file system, it manages the hardware, and you interface with the "operating system" primarily to start programs and shut the system down. An operating system is a tool that is out of sight 99% of the time, is stable, and shouldn't nag.

Oh yea, and you get to play "mother may I?" with it frequently.

Aside from the 'mother may I' part, how is it functionally different than XP, what does it add that is 'just so great' that I am somehow depriving myself, aside from the fact I don't like "mother may I"?
If you love XP so much keep using it until 2014 or 2050 if you must, but don't expect everybody else to share your same love-affair. As strange as it may sound, there are still Windows 95 fanboys out there even today. However, the world must move on.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:55 PM

3,823 posts, read 13,473,537 times
Quote:
Really?
What is to love about Vista?

It launches programs, it manages the file system, it manages the hardware, and you interface with the "operating system" primarily to start programs and shut the system down. An operating system is a tool that is out of sight 99% of the time, is stable, and shouldn't nag.

Oh yea, and you get to play "mother may I?" with it frequently.

Aside from the 'mother may I' part, how is it functionally different than XP, what does it add that is 'just so great' that I am somehow depriving myself, aside from the fact I don't like "mother may I"?
Did I do something wrong by turning off the Vista "mother may I?" Am I going to he.. for also turning off the silent security nagging icon on my tool-bar?

You know, I started with CP/M, then went through the 6 different DOS versions, then Windows 3.1 and so on to Vista. Every new OS system had its problems, but they can be overcome. When Windows 7 comes out, then I'll go with that OS too...but not right away. I like to change, otherwise computers would be boring...just like typewriters were.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
Did I do something wrong by turning off the Vista "mother may I?" Am I going to he.. for also turning off the silent security nagging icon on my tool-bar?

You know, I started with CP/M, then went through the 6 different DOS versions, then Windows 3.1 and so on to Vista. Every new OS system had its problems, but they can be overcome. When Windows 7 comes out, then I'll go with that OS too...but not right away. I like to change, otherwise computers would be boring...just like typewriters were.
rite I agree sure
Maybe if price wasn't an issue people would adopt vista...I can't air to see way happens when 7 gets here

Old 05-07-2009, 03:05 PM

16,308 posts, read 25,264,005 times
I find it amazing that everyone chooses criticize, ridicule, and attempts to insult me for not embracing the bloatware known as Vista, yet after many requests not a single one of you has every enlightened me with something that I am missing out on by not buying the hype from M$ about this bloated OS.

Golly gee, could it be that Vista does nothing that XP doesn't?

Old 05-07-2009, 03:43 PM

11,715 posts, read 36,336,945 times
Quote:
I find it amazing that everyone chooses criticize, ridicule, and attempts to insult me for not embracing the bloatware known as Vista, yet after many requests not a single one of you has every enlightened me with something that I am missing out on by not buying the hype from M$ about this bloated OS.

Golly gee, could it be that Vista does nothing that XP doesn't?
So why aren't you running Windows 2000 or 98? The OS is just a platform for running your programs, right? There must be some reason you're running XP and not and older OS.

Old 05-07-2009, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
So why aren't you running Windows 2000 or 98? The OS is just a platform for running your programs, right? There must be some reason you're running XP and not and older OS.
Because third party vendors stopped supporting them as well as they will do to so

Old 05-07-2009, 05:34 PM

10,753 posts, read 18,005,309 times
Not that I want to get involved in the Vista bashing, but I must ask... who cares what OS your using? Use what you want and be happy. Don't get upset with others because they don't like this OS or that OS (kind of like the chevy vs. ford people). Personally I wouldn't touch the bloat that is vista with a ten foot pole, but I don't think less of those that like it. I will skip it like I skipped Windows ME. And yes, I have quite a bit of experience with it, many of my home user customers use it, and I ran Vista x64 on my new game box for a couple days, but it couldn't compete with the speed of Server 2008 x64.

Old 05-07-2009, 06:00 PM

48,516 posts, read 85,092,512 times
Quote:
Read your post; I see no real question. It starts by asking what is there to love.Taht si a statement not a question What is it with these Mac and computer users? Many strick me as being like the child that is always saying mines better than your.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers