U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 06:09 AM

10,755 posts, read 18,015,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven up View Post
Never heard of it till now. I'm gonna miss XP. It has been solid as a rock.
No ones going to stop you from using XP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 10:21 AM

1,940 posts, read 8,307,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justalicious6989 View Post
is anyone having the same problem i am i get an invalid .dll image file after burning . . . .
I haven't heard of anyone having that problem.

Old 05-12-2009, 11:48 AM

8 posts, read 19,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justalicious6989 View Post
is anyone having the same problem i am i get an invalid .dll image file after burning the release canditate to dvd, then after putting it in and reading directly off the dvd to install the 7 boot manager comes on and says cannot communicate with devices, try unpluggin external usb drives etc. so i did that still nothing, im going to try to re download now and burn it again
Only possibilities I could think of is either you have a bad download, which happens, or you are burning the disk too fast. Try burning at the lowest speed your drive can do and try the install again. If you still have the problem, download the RC again.

-MrVegas

Old 05-13-2009, 12:56 AM

526 posts, read 943,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVegas View Post
Only possibilities I could think of is either you have a bad download, which happens, or you are burning the disk too fast. Try burning at the lowest speed your drive can do and try the install again. If you still have the problem, download the RC again.

-MrVegas
yeah i did that several times, downloaded it 6 times now, i did however change the burning program, it worked, but then it decided missing installation files, then after that fiasco, check disk is needed but cant do that since there is not a blessid operating system on the disk as of rite now

Old 05-13-2009, 06:22 AM

10,755 posts, read 18,015,770 times
Could also be your DVD drive is flakey

Old 05-13-2009, 03:25 PM

215 posts, read 538,929 times
If you're having trouble burning your ISO, burn it at the SLOWEST speed you can. For me, that's 4x. It may be slower, but it reduces the amount of errors if there are any. Well, not sure how to say it, but I just know this. I'm bad with words lol. Just try at the slowest burn speed.

Old 05-13-2009, 03:37 PM

16,308 posts, read 25,273,417 times
I burned with ImgBurn, free and dang near bullet proof. Got all the features and functions I need or want, quite customizable so you can set it to default to different burn speed based on the brand of media you put in the drive.

Did I mention it was free! When I rebuilt my PC it is the only burning software I installed.

Old 05-13-2009, 04:27 PM

well thank you for the input im trying imgburn. and nero to see if there was a difference, i got it working now of course it says a required cd/ dvd drive device driver is missing! ohhh the trouble with this pc if its not one thing its another

Old 05-14-2009, 05:04 PM

yes it was the drive, swapped it and BAM! IM NOW IN WINDOWS 7! i can admit is is better then vista by far! but i still have the vista love

Old 05-16-2009, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southgeorgia View Post
I downloaded the RC yesterday from Microsoft. I like it so far; I'm an XP user so I'm not sure how much of what I'm seeing already exists in Vista.

I'd been thinking about upgrading to Vista, but I'm going to skip it altogether and stay with Windows7.

just about everything you are seeing is vista, the icons, start menu except the jump list that is new, the foot print being smaller is new, the install process is vista, the general windows explorer is vista with a few revisions,
and the kernel for Seven(6.1) built off vista's(6.0)
but overall it is very very stable, at this point it would be wise to wait for seven rather then get vista, a few months ago or earlier vista would be the wise choice that being said 7 does rock so far!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or