U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2009, 01:28 PM

23,991 posts, read 23,252,198 times

Advertisements

I'm at my wits end trying to figure out how to get the PDF Document to print. I was able to print this at work "but" some time in the first 10 days of February it just quit sending the document over to the printer. I can access the PDF Document from home same results. I can see it .. send to printer nothing... go into printer and no file to be printed ? What's the trick ? I've sent it by e-mail to myself. Same scenario... and those times I do get it to print the 43.3% image is now either a square in the middle of the page about a 10-12 pt. Or the document is printed so large all I get is the upper or middle or lower corner and the print is 72pt... It's got me totally baffled It use to print just fine till Feb... ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 01:49 PM

Question Adobe Acrobat Printing Problems

This is what I have found out about Adobe Acrobat 9.0.. I guess from all the sites every one is having problems printing either nothing or they get 1 page to print out of 6. I have found out the only way I can print is open the document in Adobe Acrobat 9.0 >> open "edit " >> copy to clip board >> close that out and open my Word Pad and open the "clip board " The document will print " BUT" the pica scale of 12-14 on the original document now is 6-8 pica. I've tried everything to change that..... what's going on ?

Old 05-24-2009, 08:35 AM

11,578 posts, read 21,942,829 times
Try Cool PDF Viewer

Old 05-24-2009, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Thanks I'll check into it......... I just ran the little bugger !! Perfect!!!!! Took less than a 2 minutes to load the "FREE" program. And worked perfect..... just what I wanted !!! Thank You!!!!

Old 05-24-2009, 07:40 PM

11,578 posts, read 21,942,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman313 View Post
Thanks I'll check into it......... I just ran the little bugger !! Perfect!!!!! Took less than a 2 minutes to load the "FREE" program. And worked perfect..... just what I wanted !!! Thank You!!!!
You're welcome.

FWIW, it will also print things that shouldn't print with adobe.
There is a medical file online that they want you to pay for but they allow you to view the whole thing in adobe, says the print function isn't available. Using this program will get the print button to activate.

Old 05-25-2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
You're welcome.

FWIW, it will also print things that shouldn't print with adobe.
There is a medical file online that they want you to pay for but they allow you to view the whole thing in adobe, says the print function isn't available. Using this program will get the print button to activate.
Just cannot figure out why it quit printing. Both home & work had Adobe 8.0 when it went to 9.0. The link between Adobe and printer just quit. The strangest thing was at work (Government Agencie) I have a default printer, now that default printer floats. One day it's location is bldg.A next it's at Bldg.Q never stays default??? I can lock in my sector.... then when I print I get a phone call saying ..... why are you using are printer? I gave up and tried printing stuff from home. Time Sheet & Payroll Sheet. Don't dare go any further than that.... But that program worked like a champ

Old 05-25-2009, 02:13 PM

3,455 posts, read 3,731,013 times
You may have accidentally set it to 'print to file'. This would cause it to create a file instead of going to the printer. That setting would follow the document which is why it quit printing at work and at home.

Do a search of *.pdf on your work machine and see if it shows up.

Old 05-25-2009, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by st33cs3 View Post
You may have accidentally set it to 'print to file'. This would cause it to create a file instead of going to the printer. That setting would follow the document which is why it quit printing at work and at home.

Do a search of *.pdf on your work machine and see if it shows up.
At the work site it's controlled by a bunch IT Techs in a glass tower, their very touchy about going into the system..... I have to call and say "May I" and seeing their in the glass tower You don't question OZ
But Ill check the home system..... Thanks for the info

Old 05-28-2009, 01:31 AM

1,677 posts, read 5,909,127 times
Ok I'm still using Acrobat 6 so this may be irrelevent. Open the file you wish to print, select Print Setup in the File menu. Check to see the printer you wish to use is selected, then continue to check settings to ensure page and paper size is correct for the document. Then try printing. Sometime when I move the laptop to and from work I use the Print command in the File menu, this lets me select the printer based on which network I am on.
Hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or