Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 06:36 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,090,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brill View Post
I use irfanview

IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide

Free program that is good for renaming/resizing/converting and can do some basic editing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
Out of frustration, I have downloaded both of these... on the IrfanView, I canrt figure out how to downsize a batch of photos (several at once) and on the Faststone, I cant get it to even find my "pictures" folder on the computer.

update - I figured out how to open pictures on the Faststone, but cant figure out how to downsize a batch of photos at once.

To keep me from punching my computer, I have to go out for a few minutes and count to 100.

Last edited by Tennesseestorm; 06-11-2009 at 06:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 06:45 PM

1,786 posts, read 6,875,624 times
Tennesseestorm, download the one I linked. Very simple. Very intuitive.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:46 PM

10,923 posts, read 21,868,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseestorm View Post
Well, I downloaded that, but now I cant find it on my computer or how to use it. I also kept getting my computer would not support it, but yeah, I have XP... my computer is also only 6 months old.

Any other recommended programs?
If by "that" you are refering to the one I suggested, instructions for use are in the same post.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
If by "that" you are refering to the one I suggested, instructions for use are in the same post.

Yeah, the "powertoys" one will not even open on my computer... it wont completely install... says my computer wont support it.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTGJR View Post
Tennesseestorm, download the one I linked. Very simple. Very intuitive.
OK, I did it. Is this free for 20 days only? According to what I downloaded, this is only a "trial" or evaluation thing for 20 days. Its also wanting me to "order" something now.... I guess I downloaded the wrong thing. I guess I will delete it. It does say extreme thumbnail generator though. Cant get it to work either. I guess I will have to pay $150 for the Microsoft program. There must be something wrong with my computer. I am at the end of my rope.

Last edited by Tennesseestorm; 06-11-2009 at 08:01 PM..

Old 06-11-2009, 09:35 PM

1,786 posts, read 6,875,624 times
Freeware from my perspective. I didn't receive any notice of a trial. This is NOT "extreme thumbnail generator." Look/search for "Thumbnail Generator". PM me if you can't find it. I'll email it to you. It's only a tad over 3MB.

Old 06-11-2009, 10:40 PM

Yeah, I looked and I downloaded the wrong one. I FINALLY got it downloaded, but now the fonts in the boxes of the program are so large I cant even make them out in the box, then I still cant figure out how to downsize them all at once. Maybe I am stupid. The whole thing seems very confusing to me. It shows a batch processing thing, but it wont allow me to downsize all at once and its hard to get the thing to cancel without turning off the entire program.

Last edited by Tennesseestorm; 06-11-2009 at 11:11 PM..

Old 06-11-2009, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brill View Post
I use irfanview

IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide

Free program that is good for renaming/resizing/converting and can do some basic editing.
On this IrfanView - can you tell me the steps to downsizing several photos at once out of a folder saved on my computer?

Old 06-11-2009, 11:25 PM

Well, with the Faststone, I got them downsized on the actual site, but it also kept the original large sizes which I did not want. I cant figure out how to delete those huge photos. Also, on my actual computer, it didnt resize them.... it kept the large ones and put the smaller ones beside of them and its not showing the photos on the thumbnails. It will also not allow me to open them without some sort of other program. I give up.

Thanks for all of the suggestions though.

Last edited by Tennesseestorm; 06-12-2009 at 12:01 AM..

Old 06-12-2009, 12:20 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,168,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseestorm View Post
On this IrfanView - can you tell me the steps to downsizing several photos at once out of a folder saved on my computer?
Open irfanview and go to file>batch conversion/rename. On the right side open the folder where the pictures are stored. Select the pictures you want to downsize and click add. On the bottom right check a box that says "use advanced options"(it might already be checked). Then click the "set advanced options" button. On the advanced options check the box for resize, then select the dimensions you want to set for the images. Click ok, then click start to start the batch conversion. The new files will be sent to the folder you selected for the output directory(C:\temp by default).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers