Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 05:28 PM

10,924 posts, read 21,947,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
It's not ok to torrent, that why I never did this in the past. But I was gonna buy a computer book and I Googled it and accidentally learned you can get the latest books by torrents. So I'll stop soon.

I usually buy my bootleg software from a source in Europe. As I don't like torrenting software either. Sometimes you need that copy of Solidworks 2009 when you can't buy the Student Edition or real program; you need a copy of the program to play on and learn them. Engineers and Drafters do this all the time - they get bootleg Autocad to practice on.

If I'm gonna start a company, then I'll buy the software and books... But it really hurts buying books and then they collect dust, AND I HAVE A LOT OF BOOKS I BOUGHT!
Ahh, I see, that makes it all right then
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 06:23 AM

16,647 posts, read 15,601,089 times
Quote:
Uh... I finally got the Free Malewarebytes torrent. It works better for Antivirus 2009 than NOD32 which doesn't catch everthing.

Repeat: Antivirus 2009 is NOT a virus; therefore, it is normal and expected that an antivirus would not catch it.

Old 08-11-2009, 03:56 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,350,825 times
Quote:
I jought bought NOD32 2 user 2 years from you by you recommendation. Then I tried to install it against an infected Antirvirus 2009 infection and it struggled hard to install. Then on first run it didn't eliminate antivirus 2009. But it pointed out the source of infection to a folder. Upon reboot again I still was infected and ran a C: drive scan - nothing. So I renamed the antivirus 2009 folder and then program and upon reboot the virus didn't seem to be working anymore. But NOD32 killed internet access to prevent antivirus from getting net access, so I had to restore my internet access. When I do Ctrl + Alt + Delete I don't get a fully functioning Task Manager anymore, so my system is partially botched; - so NOD32 isn't that great against an Antivirus 2009 infection. I guess you gotta buy Malebytes for this... I tried their trial version but it said you gotta register and pay to fix the virus problem; I thought NOD32 would be better as you said but you were wrong.

But overall I do like NOD32 because it's fast and that YOU CAN TURN IT OFF! - I've always wanted that in an Antivirus program!
You're absolutely correct. I was wrong and I spoke too soon. I became infected with Antivirus 2009 after I removed NOD32 from my system and assumed that it prevented this virus from infecting my system while it was running. I had to reformat my hard drive to get rid of this virus because it wouldn't let me do anything. Later I installed NOD32 and when my son was using my computer, it became infected again with Antivirus 2009. It also failed to prevent certain trojan viruses from infecting my system, so I no longer endorse it. Still no confidence in AVG and Avast either.

Old 08-11-2009, 06:46 AM

16,647 posts, read 15,601,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
You're absolutely correct. I was wrong and I spoke too soon. I became infected with Antivirus 2009 after I removed NOD32 from my system and assumed that it prevented this virus from infecting my system while it was running. I had to reformat my hard drive to get rid of this virus because it wouldn't let me do anything. Later I installed NOD32 and when my son was using my computer, it became infected again with Antivirus 2009. It also failed to prevent certain trojan viruses from infecting my system, so I no longer endorse it. Still no confidence in AVG and Avast either.
Please read post #32. Antivirus 2009 is NOT a virus, therefore there should be no expectation that AVG, Avast, NOD32 or any other antivirus programs could prevent its installation on your computer. If an antivirus program provides protection against other types of malware, those are features supplimental to the primary purpose of the program.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers