U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 10:45 AM

1,937 posts, read 2,838,328 times
Default Trying to email pictures from my computer.

First off, the obvious ~ I am not computer literate.

I downloaded my pictures from my digital camera to my computer, about 300 pictures from a recent event.

I am trying to send these to a family member.

It looks like the pictures are all individual, not in a folder.

When I am able to send them I have to do one at a time, can someone walk me through how to put them in a folder in an attempt to email them all in one lump?

I hope that makes sense and thank you for any help you can offer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2009, 10:58 AM

1,055 posts, read 2,088,158 times
Um, they are probably pretty large so you will need to resize them. You can use something like Free Picture Resize Starter off cnet to resize all of your images in one batch instead of one at a time.

To put them all in one file, assuming Windows XP/Vista, you can select the ones you want and right click then select Send To and finally select Compressed (zipped) Folder and Windows will make a zip file out of them.

With that many pictures wouldn't making a free photo sharing account (Photobucket, Picasso, etc) make more sense? With that you could upload all the photos and organize them how you want then make it all public or private depending on who you want seeing them.

Old 09-07-2009, 11:01 AM

11,728 posts, read 22,905,946 times
Each picture is a separate jpeg file. If you're trying to send 300 pictures, you're much better off burning them to a CD and mailing it or uploading them all to a photo sharing site like Photobucket, Flickr, Smugmug, etc. Email systems have limits on how much data you can attach to a message.

Old 09-07-2009, 11:09 AM

1,937 posts, read 2,838,328 times
Thank you both.

Old 09-07-2009, 11:11 AM

1,656 posts, read 2,061,998 times
I use picasa for my email. You can select the images and choose 'email', which brings up an email from your client. The images are automatically resized to the dimensions you specify.

Old 09-07-2009, 03:00 PM

21,331 posts, read 14,662,448 times
You need a zip program like 7-zip to create what is called a zip file. If you install that select all the images you want to add to one file then righ click highlighted files and you'll have options under the 7-zip menu including emailing them.

One thing to note is email boxes will usually have limits from 2MB to maybe 10MB and some will drop emails with really large attachments so sending a lot of large files through email is not advisable, instead use a service as suggested above.

Old 09-08-2009, 12:40 AM

1 posts, read 13,420 times
I agree with the other members reply but you don't need to a zip folder software because you also have the zip folder option in your windows so just right click on your desired folder and first choose the option send to and then click on compressed zip folder your folder will be show as a zip file folder and you easily choose for email.

Last edited by knoxgarden; 09-08-2009 at 03:30 AM.. Reason: Signatures with links or websites are against TOS

Old 09-08-2009, 04:10 PM

1,656 posts, read 2,061,998 times
I guess the easiest way would be to select the photos and in the context menu *right click* choose send to> mail recipient.

Old 09-05-2012, 12:45 PM

1 posts, read 6,510 times
Do you mean copy and paste them, you said select them. I am confused.

Old 09-06-2012, 12:52 PM

5,130 posts, read 5,581,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakayama View Post
Do you mean copy and paste them, you said select them. I am confused.
Go to the directory where the pictures are and select them all (CTRL + A) or press and hold the CTRL key and single (left) click on each picture you want to e-mail and then right-click on any of the selected (high-lighted) pictures > Send to > Mail recipient:

I agree with all those who suggested using a photo/file sharing web site like Photobucket or ImageShack to send multiple large image files to multiple recipient.

What you do is, pick a site to your liking and then (free) register to that site and become a member.
Then upload the images to an album that you will create on that site. Final step would be to share the link to that web album to anyone you want. If it is a "public" album, meaning anyone can access it, then all you have to do is e-mail the link to that album to people. To register and create a free account on Photobucket, click here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers