U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2009, 05:22 PM

8 posts, read 39,913 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I'm having trouble using word. I recently made a new user and on it I cannot use my microsoft office applications. When I start it up it freezes and I can't click or do anything. When I quit it, it says an unexpected error occured while trying to load the microsoft framework library. On my other user, the administrator, it works fine. Any thoughts on how to get it to work?

I'm using a mac with office 2004 version 11.5.6.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 06:43 PM

8,184 posts, read 21,531,276 times
What kind of new user account did you create? If you need or want more than one account then give the new account administrative rights.

Or, you might need to move Office files to the new user account.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:12 AM

16,106 posts, read 27,004,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1parker View Post
Hello,
I'm having trouble using word. I recently made a new user and on it I cannot use my microsoft office applications. When I start it up it freezes and I can't click or do anything. When I quit it, it says an unexpected error occured while trying to load the microsoft framework library. On my other user, the administrator, it works fine. Any thoughts on how to get it to work?

I'm using a mac with office 2004 version 11.5.6.
Have you downloaded and installed the last updates from MS? I set my Mac to automatically check for updates, and have updated MS Office 2004 at least three times for the past three years. Not a single problem with it.

Also, every once in a while, repair Permissions on your Mac. However, Macs do that by themselves if you leave it on overnight. Since I turn it off each night, I repair permissions with either Disk Utilities (in the Applications Folder), or with OnyX (an outstanding freeware).

Old 12-06-2009, 09:40 AM

Yes, right before I made my original post I did all the updates for office to see if that would work but it didn't. I also just did the repair permissions and the message still keeps coming up although when I open word and excel it works without me having to restart it and its also not super slow like it was before. Is that message "an unexpected error occured while trying to load the microsoft framework library" a problem or should I not worry about it.

Old 12-06-2009, 11:13 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,328 posts, read 31,880,032 times
If you have your Office 2004 install disk handy, search your hard drive for the Framework filename mentioned in the error message, move all instances of it to the trash, along with the Office applications and reinstall Office.

Office is super easy to install on the Mac, so don't be afraid to reinstall it. The installer will replace the missing files.

Old 12-17-2009, 03:28 PM

This isn't about office but I've another question I can't find an answer to on the internet. My computer is not really working. The applications take way to long to load and only some of them do. The internet is not working (safari and firefox). Restarting and powering off didn't work. What else could I do?
I'm on a mac os x 10.5.

thanks for any help

Old 12-17-2009, 07:07 PM

Quote:
This isn't about office but I've another question I can't find an answer to on the internet. My computer is not really working. The applications take way to long to load and only some of them do. The internet is not working (safari and firefox). Restarting and powering off didn't work. What else could I do?
I'm on a mac os x 10.5.

thanks for any help
What Mac are you using? How much RAM do you have?

Old 12-18-2009, 02:16 PM

Its a macbook and i think the ram is 2 gigs, but i think i figured it out. I took out the battery and let it sit for a while and then put it back in and it worked. Will this help it just temporarily. Do you think it might have the same problem after a while?

Old 12-18-2009, 02:24 PM

8,957 posts, read 16,759,227 times
Quote:
Its a macbook and i think the ram is 2 gigs, but i think i figured it out. I took out the battery and let it sit for a while and then put it back in and it worked. Will this help it just temporarily. Do you think it might have the same problem after a while?
How old is your battery? It may not be able to fully power your mac. A weak battery is a problem in anything.

Old 12-18-2009, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Does it do the same thing when you are plugged into the wall? My Macbook had a dead battery about a year ago, but it still worked fine when plugged in.

Go to the Apple in the upper left hand corner, then -->About This Mac-->More Info-->Power

Look at the battery information. What does it say for charge remaining and cycle count?

Or try this:

Go to Disk Utility-->Verify or Verify Disk Permissions.

And, while I am thinking about it: what is the capacity of your hard drive and how full is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or