U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2010, 12:40 PM

2 posts, read 4,862 times

Advertisements

Help! I purchased a new ipod, and now iTunes won't recognize it. It recognized the old one just fine, but the old one is broke...so I bought a new one. When I plug it in, iTunes says "iTunes does not recognize this device. Please unplug and try again"...which of course I've done several times. I've rebooted, reinstalled, tried everything. I reset the ipod and erased iTunes sync history. Still nothing. How do I get iTunes to essentially erase it's memory of the OLD ipod and only recognize the new?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 03:08 PM

4,280 posts, read 10,148,583 times
What iTunes version?
What OS version?

Old 03-09-2010, 03:12 PM

2 posts, read 4,862 times
It's the latest iTunes version, since I uninstalled and reinstalled today...so 9.0.3 I believe. And I'm running XP.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:04 AM

803 posts, read 2,631,449 times
You could jump through hoops to defeat the Digital Rights Management, or you could just call Apple and tell them the problem and have them take care of it for you. I recommend the latter.

Old 03-10-2010, 09:41 PM

1,097 posts, read 3,621,973 times
It has nothing to do with defeating DRM. It's most likely a problem with the services that are supposed to start up when you run iTunes, and Apple isn't going to be able to help the OP with anything, apart from telling her to reinstall iTunes. There are some websites she can find that may help with this if she googles the error message she's getting: iTunes does not recognize this device - Google Search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or