Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 04:58 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,766,126 times

Advertisements

I read in the pets post that dosing your dog up with benadryl is safe. You should ask your vet if it's okay to do that and if it is, do it. You could also try a cotton ball in each of his ears but he'll probably just claw them out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 05:41 AM

83,498 posts, read 75,234,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
Well, this probally doesn't help much since you're most likely not that close, but I can't be sure since you didn't say what area, AND your area is not in any of your info....but... It's quiet up here in Litchfiled county even mostly on the 4th weekend.. Of course I live right next to a lake so here there wil be a good amount of "illegal" fireworks.

But there's many quiet places around. Sounds like you're going mostly east/west. Wherever you're at, maybe try going north...??.I can understand as I have a very sweet natured lab/pit bull mix that does not like the sound of fireworks very close to her either. She also doesn't like how the deer, turkeys, bear, rabbits, and bobcat seem to like to congregate 20 feet outside "her" front door and "taunt" her either, but thats another story.. lol...
Yeap...I tried just staying on the Merrit but I guess some schools were doing a show then I hopped onto 95 and man that was a mistake...LOL between Long Island, the sound, and idiots in downtowns I thought a war was happening.

I might try Rt8 this time.... Basement worked with dryer on to but she likes car rides and feels safer for some reason... No human food. No meds. period! No cotton balls in ears either. lol

Old 06-29-2010, 11:07 AM

8,155 posts, read 20,999,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
OMG!!!! Those dirty lil rotten felons in that vid!!! Just like a few have said here, they DEFINITELY deserve to lose an eye, a hand, and rot in hell after for their narcissim!!!!!! I too am one of the few on earth that should hold judgement on all others...

Anyway....... yes I too, would be extremely upset about any loud ruckus at past midnight. I wouldn't be happy at all. BUt I wouldn't wish ill wil on anyone for letting loose during holidays. Hopefully they'll be safe with it and keep it away from my property, if they don't then things would need to be taken to the next step.

If anyone REALLY has problems with neighbors enough, there's plenty of Connecticut far enough from any neighbors that no fireworks would ever reach you. If you choose to live next to others, you're gonna have the good and bad of it some day...... just saying...veryone be safe these holidays.. ESPECIALL with the more pedestrian aspects.. ie. on the road, drinking, using knives while prepping all the good grub, playing around on the lil nephews toys/bikes.. etc... Alot more people get hurt over holidays with those than anything else....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbam View Post
I don't think anyone on here advocates setting off fireworks at 2am or even 11pm. many of your neighbors sound like rude and inconsiderate people and many of you sound like elitist with some misplaced idea that because you don't like to watch fireworks you have a superior intellect. Both of which are horrible traits to have. Just relax people! If someone is lighting off fireworks at an inappropriate time, ask them to quit or call the police.

Everyone remembers when they were a kid and there was that old man or lady that always yelled at you for being to loud when you were playing or getting your ball that went int their yard. Have you become that person. you should be reasonable just as you want your neighbors to be.

Just enjoy the holiday for what it is. It is the birth of our nation, a joyous occasion that should be celebrated. IMO it's a little poetic that fireworks are illegal. so was the deceleration of independence
Both great posts...

Old 07-03-2010, 04:18 PM

17 posts, read 135,635 times
Here we go again. Got to listen to the fireworks again everynight! Sometimes I wished it would rain. So I would not have to listen to the fireworks!

Boy I can't wait until until fireworks are finally over with and kids are back school! I hate noisey neighbors and people just party to late! Fireworks are waiste of good money! Blow your on more inportant things other than fireworks!

Old 07-03-2010, 04:44 PM

1,335 posts, read 3,303,510 times
Bout a half hour ago, I just heard a loud bang coming from the neighbors yard.

I think we're in for a long night over here.

Old 07-03-2010, 05:02 PM

83,498 posts, read 75,234,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe37 View Post
Here we go again. Got to listen to the fireworks again everynight! Sometimes I wished it would rain. So I would not have to listen to the fireworks!

Boy I can't wait until until fireworks are finally over with and kids are back school! I hate noisey neighbors and people just party to late! Fireworks are waiste of good money! Blow your on more inportant things other than fireworks!
I hear you...Rain always on my mind this time of year but we're without it for 1 more week!

Knock on the door and give them a print out of my illegal firework code. Thats the only quick way.

Old 07-03-2010, 05:34 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,766,126 times
So far I've been happily surprised. The next door neighbor must be saving up for tonight or tomorrow. The -other- next door neighbor I know can't afford any display this year, what with the custody battle and his wife walking out on him and his losing his job and having to take a part time one while he loses his house to the bank. Plus, he doesn't really have anyone to entertain, since they're all at the ex-wife's place, heh.

The ones a few doors down I think really did move, and the park was quiet last night.

Old 07-03-2010, 07:09 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,855,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
You know, when I was a kid in the 70s there'd be lots of fireworks the entire MONTH or two before the 4th. Now I hardly hear any.....and they're just as illegal in NY as CT.
Hummmmmmm, when I was a kid, back in the 50's we could easily get all sorts of fireworks, never knew anyone who got hurt by them. One of my favorite things was an M-80 in my slingshot, I pulled it back, my brother lit the fuse and I shot it way up into the night sky----KA BOOM!!!!, nice light show too.

Old 07-03-2010, 07:10 PM

1,335 posts, read 3,303,510 times
Darkness falls over eastern Connecticut, and here go the fireworks... right next door.

And some of them sound like car crashes.

Old 07-03-2010, 07:19 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,842,423 times
Same here , although i'm hoping my neighbor doesn't start a fire like a few years ago. He shoots them off on the School Soccer field , next Election hes going. I'll expose him and the dirty cops with the film and pictures i have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut