Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 08:26 AM

21,620 posts, read 31,207,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
kidyankee764's "quote"

Quote:
Originally Posted by UconnHusky1
Desiree ignored the layaway option and chose Stealaway instead .

UconnHusky1's ACTUAL quote
Apparently, Desiree ignored the layaway option and chose Stealaway instead .

Seriously.. you're REALLY gonna pull an underhanded move like MISQUOTING someone????

I don't have a dog in this "fight", but it irks me to now end when someone wants to act holier than thou and prove their point by MISQUOTING another...

You left out ONE VERY important word that the OP used.. "Apparently".... just like when "officials" use the word "allegedly"

If you want to throw stones at someone and use their "quotes" against them, why don't you try being honest and complete when you do it instead of exposing yourself for a liar with your own agenda.

One word added or omitted can make for huge consequences in many arenas.
LOL, what's wrong, couldn't sleep?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 10:59 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,006,712 times
Quote:
kidyankee764's "quote"

Quote:
Originally Posted by UconnHusky1
Desiree ignored the layaway option and chose Stealaway instead .

UconnHusky1's ACTUAL quote

Seriously.. you're REALLY gonna pull an underhanded move like MISQUOTING someone????

I don't have a dog in this "fight", but it irks me to now end when someone wants to act holier than thou and prove their point by MISQUOTING another...

You left out ONE VERY important word that the OP used.. "Apparently".... just like when "officials" use the word "allegedly"

If you want to throw stones at someone and use their "quotes" against them, why don't you try being honest and complete when you do it instead of exposing yourself for a liar with your own agenda.

One word added or omitted can make for huge consequences in many arenas.
ap·par·ent (-prnt, -pâr-)
adj.
1. Readily seen; visible.
2. Readily understood; clear or obvious.

Sounds to me like an assumption of conviction.

Old 06-29-2010, 11:30 AM

2,256 posts, read 4,497,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
adj.

Nice bit of EDITING. APPARENTLY you didn't copy and paste THE WHOLE piece from the SAME link I found... At least you didn' edit and misquote a person directly like that other character..

Look at #3..

[SIZE=3]ap·par·ent[/SIZE] (-prnt, -pâr-)
adj. 1. Readily seen; visible.
3. Appearing as such but not necessarily so; seeming: an apparent advantage.

All I'm saying is that the OP actually never did say that she "did" it or was "convicted". Sure if you read it quickly it may SEEM to some otherwise, but if read correctly, that is never said. Then someone else (yankeekid) purposely misquoted the OP, which is straight up lying AND misdirection. Not ALLEGED or APPARENTLY, but ACTUALLY an outright lie.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
adj.

Thank you. I was going to give the link to Dictionary.com but didn't feel like fueling their fire.

Also, that poster may want to look up the difference between "apparent" and "alleged".

Old 06-29-2010, 10:34 PM

2,256 posts, read 4,497,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Thank you. I was going to give the link to Dictionary.com but didn't feel like fueling their fire.

Also, that poster may want to look up the difference between "apparent" and "alleged".

ANOTHER misquote of the OP.. They said "apparentLY". And "apparently" being used there DOES NOT IMPLY that the defendent in question IS or HAS BEEN CONVICTED, like you in fact stated that the OP claimed.

If you quote dictionary.com WHOLEY, and not just partially to reiterate your LYING post and point it's easy to see that. ie definition # 3 ..

3. Appearing as such but not necessarily so; seeming: an apparent advantage

Old 06-30-2010, 12:50 AM

19 posts, read 22,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UconnHusky1 View Post
This is quite amusing...Desiree Fontaine from WTNH arrested for attempting to steal merchandise from Sears valued at $104.98.

WTNH will only call this a "personal matter"...

Any idea how much a traffic reporter makes annually in Connecticut??? I believe she also hosted a morning show on WTNH.
Good...I wish nothing but the worst for LIN Communications with the way they have tried to annex southern CT as part of greater Boston through their blatant propoganda.

I will not watch WTNH for this reason alone.

Old 06-30-2010, 07:04 AM

Quote:
ANOTHER misquote of the OP.. They said "apparentLY". And "apparently" being used there DOES NOT IMPLY that the defendent in question IS or HAS BEEN CONVICTED, like you in fact stated that the OP claimed.

If you quote dictionary.com WHOLEY, and not just partially to reiterate your LYING post and point it's easy to see that. ie definition # 3 ..

3. Appearing as such but not necessarily so; seeming: an apparent advantage
I guess you couldn't sleep again. I'm actually laughing at how ridiculous you sound.

Last edited by kidyankee764; 06-30-2010 at 07:26 AM..

Old 06-30-2010, 10:31 AM

1,335 posts, read 3,304,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQQ View Post
Good...I wish nothing but the worst for LIN Communications with the way they have tried to annex southern CT as part of greater Boston through their blatant propoganda.

I will not watch WTNH for this reason alone.
1. Blatant propaganda? Um... ok?

2. The behavior of one of their employees certainly would not affect the entire company operation, or even the station, much at all. She can be easily replaced.

3. Channel 8 is based in New Haven yes, but it serves the entire state of Connecticut and not just the New Haven area. Do keep this in mind.

4. LIN has no properties in Boston, the closest being Springfield or Providence. Much of their territory is in the Midwest.

Old 06-30-2010, 02:17 PM

1,496 posts, read 3,385,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UconnHusky1 View Post
Maybe you should spend a few additional minutes reading posts before making a comment . I did not say she was convicted....I stated she was arrested. In other words, the Milford Police Department had probable cause to believe she committed a crime and therefore arrested her. Thank you.

Wow aren't you a defensive one. Maybe you should read your own writing

Here is what YOU wrote that sparked MY repsonse:

Quote:
Apparently, Desiree ignored the layaway option and chose Stealaway instead
Geesh, a little defensive here?

I am not going to argue your use of the word "apparently" because two out the three meanings listed lean toward what I perceive is your bias here in the issue. If you meant "allegedly" you would have written it. Spin it all you want, but your meaning seems clear to me that you think she was stealing the items.

Your post seems to be an attack upon the person accused here because you began by calling it "amusing" meaning to laugh at her actions..Did you mean she was funny like a clown? Amusing like a joke? It seems somewhat clear to me you were trying to mock her for getting caught stealing.

I see that as the "intent" so I don't think you were giving her the benefit of the doubt, and therefore understand your meaning as falling into the first two meanings of "apparently" in the context of your response..

And your "rude" response, well that speaks for itself. This is why I think you are being prejudicial to the defendant. If I were a lawyer, and you were in the jury pool, I would challenege your right to sit to hear the case based upon what you wrote and the seemingly biased intentions behind the post.

You're welcome..

Last edited by brien51; 06-30-2010 at 02:58 PM..

Old 07-01-2010, 07:26 AM

34,933 posts, read 56,945,109 times
Please stop the bickering and get back to the original topic. JayCT, Moderator
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut