Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 01:40 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,627,328 times

Advertisements

An Enfield High School technology teacher has been arrested on sexual assault charges for allegedly spanking a student who was visiting his class, according to court records.

Spanking In Class: Enfield High School Teacher Charged With Sexual Assault - Courant.com

Nothing was said nor done when I was getting daily beat downs from nuns. Anyway, to charge this guy with sexual assault for spanking an unruly girl is absolutely pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2010, 02:10 PM

2,080 posts, read 3,921,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
An Enfield High School technology teacher has been arrested on sexual assault charges for allegedly spanking a student who was visiting his class, according to court records.

Spanking In Class: Enfield High School Teacher Charged With Sexual Assault - Courant.com

Nothing was said nor done when I was getting daily beat downs from nuns. Anyway, to charge this guy with sexual assault for spanking an unruly girl is absolutely pathetic.
If it was my kid, I'd be pretty pissed if some teacher touched her like that.

The thing with the nuns is a little nuts too; they are celibate (yea right...) and take their frustrations out on the kids. Some of those nuns were crazy if you ask me; they loved giving some kid a good beat-down!

Old 07-31-2010, 02:24 PM

5,064 posts, read 15,894,862 times
I think charging him with sexual assault is a bit much, although maybe not, depending on how he did it. He was definitely out of line. He does need some type of punishment.

As to what nuns do, since Catholic schools are private schools, I'm guessing Catholic parents are fine with nuns beating their kids if that's typical. They do have a choice in sending their children to public schools instead after all, or a better private school.

Old 07-31-2010, 05:09 PM

2,856 posts, read 10,429,860 times
Your naive if you think catholic schools still resort to beating children....doesn't happen.

Old 07-31-2010, 05:43 PM

2,080 posts, read 4,843,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetto View Post
If it was my kid, I'd be pretty pissed if some teacher touched her like that.
And if my kid acted like this in class, this teacher would have my full support.

The student then picked up a can of "spray glue" and sprayed it into the air, and did it a second time after Hajosy told her to stop. The teacher then put his hands on the student's neck and shoulders, and she tried to kick Hajosy to get him to release his grip, the affidavit states.

Why was this girl even "visiting" his class in the first place? I think we will find there is more to this story.

Old 07-31-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KH02 View Post
Your naive if you think catholic schools still resort to beating children....doesn't happen.

What your frame of reference? Mine is getting smacked across the neck with a wood ruler as a freshman at East Catholic for talking in class. *Gasp*! Wow a smack on the neck for talking in class, and I'm naive.

One year of that crap was enough for me, I finished at Glast. high school and did just fine.

Old 07-31-2010, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renovating View Post
And if my kid acted like this in class, this teacher would have my full support.

The student then picked up a can of "spray glue" and sprayed it into the air, and did it a second time after Hajosy told her to stop. The teacher then put his hands on the student's neck and shoulders, and she tried to kick Hajosy to get him to release his grip, the affidavit states.

Why was this girl even "visiting" his class in the first place? I think we will find there is more to this story.
Really? So what If I was the teacher and I thought a straight punch in the mouth was what she needed, would ya be OK with that? Or do you have very finite rules as too how much force to apply and when?

Old 07-31-2010, 07:30 PM

2,080 posts, read 4,843,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetto View Post
Really? So what If I was the teacher and I thought a straight punch in the mouth was what she needed, would ya be OK with that? Or do you have very finite rules as too how much force to apply and when?
The teacher didn't punch her in the mouth...and the girl was defiant, disruptive and imo a little punk....if my child acted like that in class...I would tell them they got what they deserved.

Don't go getting too overdramatic here.

Lesson hopefully learned for her....behave in class and stay out of trouble....it isn't rocket science.

Old 07-31-2010, 08:03 PM

1,711 posts, read 3,599,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
I think charging him with sexual assault is a bit much, although maybe not, depending on how he did it. He was definitely out of line. He does need some type of punishment.
I agree. I think sexual assault is a trumped up charge that will likely cause him to have to register as a sex offender no matter where he lives.

The girl is a punk and should have been punished, if the teacher needed help removing the student he should have called the principal or resource officer.

Old 08-01-2010, 04:49 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,894,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_hug99 View Post
The girl is a punk and should have been punished
Definitely. I wonder what sort of punishment she is getting from this, she shouldn't get away with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
View detailed profiles of: