Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 02:16 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,776,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPC2000 View Post

Oh, and the reason for these upstanding citizens who sell BEER is going on is because I have to bet not too many black workers have worked there if so they'd come out of the woodwork claiming the same thing as Thornton.

Nice. Real classy of you.

Old 08-08-2010, 02:27 PM

1,219 posts, read 4,208,955 times
Quote:
of course I would never be a Union worker, they are vampires to societal efforts to make progress happen. instead all they do is keep the workers where they're at with no upward mobility. nothing positive comes out of a union worker..and I can say that because I work for my damn money and I don't need anybody to defend my damn actions or my progress and if pressed by my administrators, I will go head to head with them with my accolades. if they feel that I am obsolete, if I haven't left already(as the union workers should do, but do NOT) then they can let me go. I've made my peace with them, I will find another job because I can hustle any interview into taking me. my problem is that who ever the hell came up with firing Thornton in that manner was a Union worker because they should have just fired him on the spot, no need for union workers to get involved(God how many damn times do union worker have to keep intervening with progress)...all of that could have been prevented had the union not gotten involved once they found out he was stealing. just oust him already.

Oh, and the reason for these upstanding citizens who sell BEER is going on is because I have to bet not too many black workers have worked there if so they'd come out of the woodwork claiming the same thing as Thornton..they've been around since 67....you mean to tell me that black people came around and they still were not qualified to work at such an upstanding family's establishment? hmmmm..check your facts buddy....you don't have to be a racist to not want a certain kind of people to manage/work at your company(class/race/genger)...there are preferences as well that go on in a private company(the ones who are not regulated on ethical standards), and that's on you, but don't go around claiming nothing went on just because ONE black man said it. is there any evidence that other blacks have worked there, or was it so damn hard to get in there. It's driving trucks, how dumb can blacks be right?...hmmmm...I wonder, if they did an audit, how did they fill that quota throughout all those years after AA came into play
Wow. In one virile post, you have managed to malign victims of a terrible crime, an upstanding and grieving family, and millions of union workers-several of whom were victims of the same crime!!! Did you even read this before you posted it???

Old 08-08-2010, 02:28 PM

1,335 posts, read 3,293,764 times
Quote:
were his complaints being even looked at...how far did they want to cover this investigation for if they've made millions off of drunks and drunkards...they're just guilty as thornton.
Are you neo-abolitionist?

While I'm here with the questions... Racial minority? Religious conservative? I'm trying to figure out how you came to these conclusions.

And unions are still around... so we as society don't go back to using child labor, slave labor, 16 hour workdays seven days a week, unsafe working conditions - people essentially being seen as insignificant and easily replaceable.

Old 08-08-2010, 02:39 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,400,545 times
Quote:
you know what, you're right, but he who's to say that he could when he was overpowered, Again, we don't know what happened between both of parties. I don't think your suggestion is wrong as well. I do agree that he could have retaliated in the same immature manner, but who's to say where his mind was at, and how much he DID endure while being subjected to such bullying. Bullies get dealt with by the small guy beating the bully to a bloddy pulp so he doesn't bully the rest of the people, eliminating the problem...maybe that's what Omar thought in his feeble mind when it came to this dilemma
I really don't care what Omar thought. His actions were cowardly. Even though he was being fired, he still could have filed a grievance to get his job back. He was just a very weak person who didn't have much to live for, I guess.

Old 08-08-2010, 02:43 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,400,545 times
Quote:
of course I would never be a Union worker, they are vampires to societal efforts to make progress happen. instead all they do is keep the workers where they're at with no upward mobility. nothing positive comes out of a union worker..and I can say that because I work for my damn money and I don't need anybody to defend my damn actions or my progress and if pressed by my administrators, I will go head to head with them with my accolades. if they feel that I am obsolete, if I haven't left already(as the union workers should do, but do NOT) then they can let me go. I've made my peace with them, I will find another job because I can hustle any interview into taking me. my problem is that who ever the hell came up with firing Thornton in that manner was a Union worker because they should have just fired him on the spot, no need for union workers to get involved(God how many damn times do union worker have to keep intervening with progress)...all of that could have been prevented had the union not gotten involved once they found out he was stealing. just oust him already.

Oh, and the reason for these upstanding citizens who sell BEER is going on is because I have to bet not too many black workers have worked there if so they'd come out of the woodwork claiming the same thing as Thornton..they've been around since 67....you mean to tell me that black people came around and they still were not qualified to work at such an upstanding family's establishment? hmmmm..check your facts buddy....you don't have to be a racist to not want a certain kind of people to manage/work at your company(class/race/genger)...there are preferences as well that go on in a private company(the ones who are not regulated on ethical standards), and that's on you, but don't go around claiming nothing went on just because ONE black man said it. is there any evidence that other blacks have worked there, or was it so damn hard to get in there. It's driving trucks, how dumb can blacks be right?...hmmmm...I wonder, if they did an audit, how did they fill that quota throughout all those years after AA came into play
What if this was because he was fat? Or because he was ugly? Or because he was bald? Had piercings? Tatoos? Had body odor? Would you still be here trying to make excuses? Shame on you!

Old 08-08-2010, 03:04 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,535,575 times
Angry Shootings

My prayers go out to the families of those they have lost. Unfortunately in these economic times people lose their minds and do irrational things but are there warning signs we should be aware of? Should employers be trained to watch for potential mucos among there fellow employees and get the protection they need for themselves. It's a scary reality, it can happen anywhere, anytime!!

Old 08-08-2010, 03:56 PM

362 posts, read 772,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Nice. Real classy of you.
why don't you tell me what you do? that will explain alot about you, trust me.

Old 08-08-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderintonc View Post
Wow. In one virile post, you have managed to malign victims of a terrible crime, an upstanding and grieving family, and millions of union workers-several of whom were victims of the same crime!!! Did you even read this before you posted it???
I'll tell you the same: why don't you tell me what you do? that will explain alot about you, trust me. damnit I had to wait 60 damn seconds to keep repeating myself

Old 08-08-2010, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowerdeck View Post
Are you neo-abolitionist?

While I'm here with the questions... Racial minority? Religious conservative? I'm trying to figure out how you came to these conclusions.

And unions are still around... so we as society don't go back to using child labor, slave labor, 16 hour workdays seven days a week, unsafe working conditions - people essentially being seen as insignificant and easily replaceable.
Are you serious? you really want to go into this argument about humans being replaceable?...they're expendable....you need to keep that in mind as you rack up your pension funds. be smart about YOUR life...don't worry about what your JOB does for you concerning your pension...they can always take it away, but we do have those options so they can bring those nonsensical devices back, but we're still protected....it's a back up plan......fight the system every way you can and don't join a damn union, they tax you just as much as the damn government if you were to calculate how much they take out of you............so no, I don't care for Unions....they're the bane of the employees existence

Old 08-08-2010, 05:01 PM

1,335 posts, read 3,293,764 times
I'm not in a union, and at my current job I wouldn't support one considering the company actually cares about the thoughts and well-being of its employees. The company bends over backwards to do good for its workers, so they don't turn around and push a union on them.

But well - if companies actually did care about their employees and took their considerations into matter, then unions wouldn't be necessary. But not all workplaces have that.

My work also has metal detectors and bag searches. I wonder how many larger companies in the area will be investing in improved security now as a result of Manchester.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut