Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2010, 06:54 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,653,220 times

Advertisements

The guy was caught stealing on video, I don't think anyone is turning this into something, it is hard to argue with the facts.

This was not about race. If I was to call people names here on this board or make accusations about them, does it make it true? This was about a person blaming others for his faults and the things he did wrong. It is fairly straightforward and innocent people died because of it.

Old 08-04-2010, 06:58 AM

81 posts, read 238,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
The guy was caught stealing on video, I don't think anyone is turning this into something, it is hard to argue with the facts.

This was not about race. If I was to call people names here on this board or make accusations about them, does it make it true? This was about a person blaming others for his faults and the things he did wrong. It is fairly straightforward and innocent people died because of it.
You are so delusional, if only you knew how it feels to be a black man in America. "Everything is not always what it seems to be". I really do not like it when people of other ethnic backgrounds try to make it more simple than what it really is.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:12 AM

21,619 posts, read 31,202,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
Well since we are offering advice, how about you stop fanning flames with comments that frankly started the whole debate and snipes like above. All I said is I wish someone there had a gun and was able to stop the guy because it makes me sick of the thought that a 60 year old guy who yelled to others to "flee" was hunted like a dog by this monster, run down and shot in the head. That's it.

Just say nothing or don't phrase it in a combative, snarky or accusatory tone.
I believe you were the one on page two of this thread who asked we not make this about guns, but about the individual who committed this act. I can see that didn't last long.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:12 AM

28 posts, read 36,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIMBY_CT View Post
This was racially motivated. He complained about being racially harassed (which I wouldn't doubt for a second in this state), and [no one] wanted to do anything about it. The supervisor said he would talk to his co-workers about it. What happened? There is no record of these complaints, and most likely at this point no one in that warehouse will go on record to admit there was a complaint or problem.

People will try to bury and deny this race issue and say that this was about stealing and is being turned into a race issue, when it is the opposite. It is a race issue that now people are saying it is about someone who stole and was getting fired.
The establishment news media has done nothing but claim how the scumbag was motivated by racial harrassment. This was a hate crime perpetrated against whites, except in your mind, and according to the media, whites cannot be victims of hate crimes; only non-whites can. So what are you complaining about?

Quote:
He was black, was getting harassed at work. Complained, no one did anything. He probably started making more waves about it and then people started trying to find any reason to get rid of him. He probably knew this and was working in a "hostile", environment.
That sure is a lot of speculation on your part.

Quote:
This killer needs to face the death penalty, ...
Didn't he blow himself away already? How is the death penalty possible?

Quote:
I believe the racial segregation, intolerance, and tensions to be a REAL issue in CT which has been and continues to get worse. People hide in the closet about it, deny it, ignore it, or divert attention from it.
Yeah, well it's a two-way street, believe it or not. Oh, and if racial segregation was a reality in this state like you claim, instead of diversity quotas, than this tragedy wouldn't have ever occured, would it have?

This guy had a white girlfriend. Most every black man I've seen who's with a white woman seems to have an axe to grind with white men. The same goes for the white women who exclusively date black men; they all seem to have a serious grudge against white males (perhaps starting with their fathers), from what I've experienced.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:24 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,653,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prinessdanika99 View Post
You are so delusional, if only you knew how it feels to be a black man in America. "Everything is not always what it seems to be". I really do not like it when people of other ethnic backgrounds try to make it more simple than what it really is.
Again, hard to argue with the facts. If you have or know of something that disputes the video footage of this man stealing, I would suggest that you take it to the authorities.

The thing is, people crying race for something like this does more harm than good.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:29 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,681,432 times
Lightbulb And To Answer This One...

Quote:
I don't like it when someone from MY ethnic background persists in calling people delusional because that jabroni (yeah I said it again) spouted off some BS about racial harassment in order to cover up the fact that he was a murderous coward who couldn't face the consequences of his wrongdoing...

This has jack-crap to do with segregation, harassment, or anything else remotely connected with race, no matter how you try to spin it that way...'If only you knew how it feels to be a black man in America'---try that song again, dear, because I've been a black man every hour, minute, and second of my 54 years...have I seen racism, harassment, and negative circumstances? Yes...I'd be lying if I said different...

But there lies the difference between myself and the shooter---I don't go around blaming 'de white man' for everything that has gone wrong in my life, and I DEFINITELY don't find it necessary to go aroung offing a bunch of people and saying 'Whitey made me do it!'...I don't know if you realize how utterly pointless and ridiculous that mindset is

Last edited by captaincatfish; 08-04-2010 at 07:31 AM.. Reason: Tightened up the ol' spelling

Old 08-04-2010, 07:31 AM

Quote:
I doubt none of you have ever been to Atlanta or DC. Great place where we see many young black youth succeed in environments similar to where this unfortunate incident happened
I don't think the environments are similar nor comparable if the majority of the employees, from the upper management down, are african americans. Because, of course in a more homogenous environment humans are naturally more able to flourish. Perhaps Mr. Wallace had a point.

Quote:
People hurt other people for retribution, rarely because they are psycho, and this was a case of man who was pushed to his boiling point because of the color of his skin.
If the roles were reversed, and a white man who had been racially harrassed by a majority of black coworkers (not saying your account is even accurate, btw) went postal on them, I doubt you would be claiming it was retribution. Instead, you'd probably be claiming that white men are psychos.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:51 AM

11,296 posts, read 18,885,525 times
OK before this gets out of hand, I do not think "racism", whether real or perceived (and I think the racism was at best a couple of dumb jokes/actions by a coworker or two, he obviously was hired to work there and being unionized I think his rep would've said something long ago if it was a truly all-out prejudiced workplace), is the sole reason this happened, nor do I think it in any way "justifies" this tragedy or legitimizes this action at all. I do not even think it was the "main trigger" (that obviously being that he was caught stealing things and was about to be fired). But it probably contributed to an already greatly disturbed and troubled mindset.

Saying that isn't "hiding behind race" or "using it as an excuse" (and by the way, I'm white), it's just looking at the situation and calling it as seen.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:07 AM

2,080 posts, read 4,845,034 times
Can you imagine this happening if we had stricter gun control laws where whackos like him can't stockpile their lunchboxes with guns?

He did this because he was a lowlife that was caught stealing and fired....end of story...Imo, of course.

Wth....bringing guns to work in your lunchbox??? Insane.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:10 AM

^^^ That's just it, though; the Controlled Media has already assumed that the man snapped due to stress because of "racism". Read the article on yahoo, or watch CNN... They are using it as an excuse, and they did as early as yesterday afternoon...

I agree that anyone - regardless of race - that is unstable can go wacko at any moment and take innocent lives when the stress of economic hardship becomes unbearable. Just keep in mind that it's not someone's imagination that the news media is already pulling race card BS to justify this massacre, even before they've gotten all the facts.

And about the guns; why are people turning this into anti-gun talk? The guy could have just as easily doped the water cooler with cyanide, etc.

Time to go to work; hopefully I'll make it through the day alive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut