Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 05:27 PM

52 posts, read 142,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post

Spris had a good run, what 10 years or so? Nothing to freak out about. At the same time several others were added in the last few years. Dish, Feng, Firebox, Hook and Ladder, Vivo, Masala, Bocca Rossa, Salute, Hot Tomatoes grand reopening etc etc. I told you, I service many "main stay" establishments in Hartford. I know the pulse of the city.

And ah, they are moving the festival of lights to expand it, including a skating rink. I see you are up on things.
Keep drinking the Kool Aid
You call being open 10 years "a good run". That's a pretty sad commentary. All of those places you mentioned are no way running in the black and are pretty much all on life support.

Last edited by JayCT; 11-12-2010 at 07:23 AM.. Reason: Removed flame
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2010, 05:28 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,006,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LedZep View Post
Keep drinking the Kool Aid
You call being open 10 years "a good run". That's a pretty sad commentary. All of those places you mentioned are no way running in the red and are pretty much all on life support. We both know it.
Oh so now you're their accountant and can see into their books.

Last edited by JayCT; 11-12-2010 at 07:24 AM.. Reason: Removed flame

Old 11-12-2010, 05:26 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,006,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LedZep View Post
You call being open 10 years "a good run". That's a pretty sad commentary.
I hate ruin a drama fest with facts and reality, but I forgot to mention that the average lifespan of an independant restaurant is less than 5 years, so yes 10 years is a good run. The fact that Hartford has SO MANY restaurants surviving past the 10 year mark says something.

Last edited by JayCT; 11-12-2010 at 07:32 AM.. Reason: Removed off topic comment

Old 11-12-2010, 07:20 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,576,956 times
We've only been to the festival of lights a few times since having kids. I am actually a lot more likely to go this year since it has moved because its at Bushnell Park. Much nicer setting in my opinion...

Old 11-12-2010, 07:24 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,576,956 times
A beloved 47-year-old holiday tradition in the City of Hartford is getting reinvigorated thanks to a strengthened public-private partnership. The Hartford Festival of Light® is moving to historic Bushnell Park from Constitution Plaza in order to add a new interactive family feature--- an outdoor skating rink.

“Skating in the park will make ringing in the holiday season more than a day in the Capital City, it will be an experience for residents and visitors alike to enjoy over and over again,” said Hartford Mayor Pedro E. Segarra. “By working with our team of gracious partners, we’ll be able to have Santa’s helpers in his workshop start building the rink the day after Thanksgiving so that families can enjoy the facility for approximately four weeks.”
The more centrally located venue for the event will make it more accessible to the Theatre and entertainment district and restaurants. Again, the date of the extravaganza is still the day after Thanksgiving, Friday, November 26.
Time and details of the pageantry and procession to the park will be unveiled as we get closer to the arrival of the holiday season.

And I think the auto show is next weekend. here I come!

Old 11-12-2010, 07:34 AM

34,936 posts, read 56,945,109 times
There have been a number of posts on this thread that were off topic. Please stick to the topic of the original post. Thank you, JayCT, Moderator

Old 11-12-2010, 07:34 AM

There have been a number of posts on this thread that were off topic. Please stick to the topic of the original post. Thank you, JayCT, Moderator

Old 12-05-2015, 03:00 PM

17 posts, read 23,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Actually, there are plenty of affordable Boston suburbs believe it or not.
I grew up in and around Boston and returned after college. I can't think of an affordable suburb within 15 minutes of downtown. Hartford OTOH has many affordable* places to live within a short drive.

*(compared to Boston or the Northeast or West Coast -- not compared to, for example, Jacksonville...)

Old 12-05-2015, 05:41 PM

FYI - This thread is over 5 years old. Still I have to agree with you. Boston is crazy expensive. Hartford was just noted by Forbes as the fourth most affordable metro area in the country. Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut