Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 04:29 AM

2 posts, read 2,000 times

Advertisements

Hi K,

I love this discussion and hope you're still getting notifications when someone posts!

I also grew up in SE Mass and have been living in Paris for nearly 20 years. We are starting to look at coming back to the States - prob NYC area for my husband's work - in 2016 and I found this thread when searching for good places to live with kids with easy-ish commute to NYC. The kids will be 8, 6, and 3... And our preference would probably be CT for easier return to Cape Cod.

The description of what you were looking for literally could have been my own...

Have you moved and where did you go...and are you happy there?

: ) K
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 07:24 AM

34,917 posts, read 56,903,161 times
Unfortunately the OP has not been back to this forum since they started this thread. There are a couple of other similar threads on this forum but please feel free to start a new one if you have any questions. Try to provide us with information on the type of community (urban, suburban, rural) you are looking for, how far from New York you would like to be and your budget and what you would like to get for it. We will be happy to help. Jay

Old 05-05-2015, 05:37 AM

2 posts, read 2,000 times
Default merci

Thanks Jay for your reply... I will start a new thread when our plans become a bit more concrete. Great forum!! : )

Old 06-08-2016, 05:58 AM

1 posts, read 659 times
hello all I'm from northern California and have been living in Salem Oregon for a few years now going to school. While the air is nice and the people are peasant their is very little cultural diversity here and its really too boring, I'm interested in moving to the east coast. I'm a single mother of two one a teenage girl 15 we are of Cuban decent and i am finishing up my last term in college. I wont have a ton of cash when i move, but id like a pleasant and well cultured family friendly area that has decent schools as well as affordable housing and suburban style neighborhoods something some what close to what i have been accustomed to from where i currently reside. F airfield sound like a nice place to look but any info would be greatly appreciated thanks. I Don't mind being 2 hours from Nyc my boyfriend lives there. My brother and a sister lives in Boston which I believe is 4 hours from NY id like to be in the middle . the city is a bit to congested for my taste.

Last edited by Kali_k; 06-08-2016 at 06:13 AM.. Reason: additional details

Old 06-08-2016, 07:30 AM

2,000 posts, read 1,863,463 times
It depends how much cash you are talking about because Fairfield is not cheap. Nowhere south of there is. Just depends how much you have save and how much you are trying to pay a month

Old 06-08-2016, 07:32 AM

34,917 posts, read 56,903,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali_k View Post
hello all I'm from northern California and have been living in Salem Oregon for a few years now going to school. While the air is nice and the people are peasant their is very little cultural diversity here and its really too boring, I'm interested in moving to the east coast. I'm a single mother of two one a teenage girl 15 we are of Cuban decent and i am finishing up my last term in college. I wont have a ton of cash when i move, but id like a pleasant and well cultured family friendly area that has decent schools as well as affordable housing and suburban style neighborhoods something some what close to what i have been accustomed to from where i currently reside. F airfield sound like a nice place to look but any info would be greatly appreciated thanks. I Don't mind being 2 hours from Nyc my boyfriend lives there. My brother and a sister lives in Boston which I believe is 4 hours from NY id like to be in the middle . the city is a bit to congested for my taste.
What is your definition of "affordable"? Fairfield is a great town and you should not have a problem "fitting in" since it is a somewhat diverse community. You will be just over an hour from New York City and Boston is more like 2.5 to 3 hours away. But like most good communities within commuting distance of the city, it can be expensive. Rents will run you at least $1,500 per month without utilities so if you consider that "affordable", Fairfield could be a good town to consider. Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut