Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 06:39 PM

16 posts, read 27,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedZep View Post
Some more info would help. How many people would be moving with you, and how many bedrooms do you need? I assume you're looking to rent, so do you need something that's pet friendly? Are you looking to rent an apartment, condo, or house? There's plenty of two bedroom apartment complexes in the Enfield area, check out Countrywood Apartments, or Woodgate Apartments, both are on the same street and are 10 minutes away from BDL.
Sorry-still relatively new to posting here. I thought I signed up to get notices when people posted on my thread-but I didn't get any.

Anywho-It will be myself, my husband, our son (7 months), and our dog, a min pin. We need 2 bedrooms, we do want to rent, and we will need something that is pet friendly.

I don't have a rental preference...I would just prefer something relatively modern, close to shopping//grocery store, etc, and SAFE!

I didn't see anything about Countrywood during my "google-ing", so I will look at that. Woodgate doesn't accept dogs.

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2010, 06:41 PM

I need to stay under $1150/month + utilities(whatever they'll cost)

Old 11-12-2010, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renovating View Post
There is something called a realtor... and they will do a lot of legwork for you....and know all about the type of place you are looking for...

Why on earth would you move somewhere sight unseen without one??
Well...originally I thought about that. But-being that I've lived in a few different states, I know (from experience) that sadly, not all real estate company's are reputable...and they vary from state to state and definitely from region to region. So, do you have a real estate company you'd like to suggest???

Old 11-12-2010, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I agree, we would need to know more information to help you. How much can you afford to spend on housing? What do you expect to get for your money? What type of community are you looking for? I also agree that you should contact a realtor for help. There are a couple of good ones that post regularly on this forum that could help.

That said, I would suggest you consider West Hartford. It is a diverse community with a wide range of housing options and has excellent schools, shops and restaurants. It is convenient to Bradley Airport and most things in the greater Hartford area. Good luck, Jay
Thanks a lot!! Realtor (company) suggestions??

Old 11-12-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itscolduphere View Post
I would even suggest staying in some sort of Extend-Stay type hotel (moving companies can store your belongings until you locate housing) until you can view rentals with a real estate agent. If you did that, you could reasonably be into a place within a couple of weeks. But you mentioned moving your family, so not sure how doable that is for you especially if you have one or more kids in school. I would discourage renting any housing until you've seen it. Good luck with your situation.

Thanks! I have given that thought as well-but it's not financially feasible for me right now. I figured the money I spent living in a hotel would be money I could use toward deposits/fees and other things associated with the move.

Old 11-12-2010, 07:45 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,005,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATCMamma View Post
I need to stay under $1150/month + utilities(whatever they'll cost)
Aspen Woods

It's clean, newer, on the South Windsor border in the retail district with everything close by and similar to the "Southern" shopping districts.

It's exactly 20 minutes to Bradley from here bypassing the commuter traffic for the most part via the I291 bypass to I91 North.

A friend from Florida just moved up and lives there and likes it just fine.

Old 11-12-2010, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
Aspen Woods

It's clean, newer, on the South Windsor border in the retail district with everything close by and similar to the "Southern" shopping districts.

It's exactly 20 minutes to Bradley from here bypassing the commuter traffic for the most part via the I291 bypass to I91 North.

A friend from Florida just moved up and lives there and likes it just fine.
Thanks so much! I will give them a call tomorrow to check it out!

Old 11-12-2010, 09:43 PM

Well, I've been looking around and as suggested, I found a few properties of interest on the Raveis website. The properties are in West Hartford, New Britain, Enfield, and Farmington. Because I will be working at Bradley, I figure that Enfield is ideal, no?

Any insight on these areas? Before finding these properties, I found a few apartments that fit the bill too:
Woodcliff Estates, Mill Pond Village, Briar Knoll Apartments, Madison at Northwood, Springville Mill, and River's Bend. Can anyone rate these or have any insight/personal experience good or bad???

Old 11-13-2010, 07:14 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,005,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATCMamma View Post
Well, I've been looking around and as suggested, I found a few properties of interest on the Raveis website. The properties are in West Hartford, New Britain, Enfield, and Farmington. Because I will be working at Bradley, I figure that Enfield is ideal, no?

Any insight on these areas? Before finding these properties, I found a few apartments that fit the bill too:
Woodcliff Estates, Mill Pond Village, Briar Knoll Apartments, Madison at Northwood, Springville Mill, and River's Bend. Can anyone rate these or have any insight/personal experience good or bad???
Quick reply as I have to head out with the family...

West Hartford. Great city, hard commute to Bradley from most parts.

New Britain. Run down older mill town, higher crime, high taxes (Remember you'll be paying on your vehicles.) and higher insurance rates. Some nice areas on the outskirts.

Enfield. Working class town, nothing really bad to say about it. Smaller, but good shopping area there.

Farmington. Older historic town, big money...very hard commute to Bradley.

I'll go through the apartments when I get back and see if I can offer any advice...my company may have serviced some of them, I can't remember off the top of my head.

Old 11-15-2010, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
Quick reply as I have to head out with the family...

West Hartford. Great city, hard commute to Bradley from most parts.

New Britain. Run down older mill town, higher crime, high taxes (Remember you'll be paying on your vehicles.) and higher insurance rates. Some nice areas on the outskirts.

Enfield. Working class town, nothing really bad to say about it. Smaller, but good shopping area there.

Farmington. Older historic town, big money...very hard commute to Bradley.

I'll go through the apartments when I get back and see if I can offer any advice...my company may have serviced some of them, I can't remember off the top of my head.

Thanks a lot!!! I look forward to your input on the apartments...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut