Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 04:56 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,131,290 times

Advertisements

Not too many heeding the advice to fly out tonight. I am at Ft. Lauderdale International waiting on the 7:40 PM to Hartford (Now scheduled for 7:50). Airport is pretty much a ghost town. Flight is about half full. They are already telling people to expect tomorrow's flights to the northeast to be cancelled.

Blizzard 2010!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2010, 06:12 PM

83,500 posts, read 75,234,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Not too many heeding the advice to fly out tonight. I am at Ft. Lauderdale International waiting on the 7:40 PM to Hartford (Now scheduled for 7:50). Airport is pretty much a ghost town. Flight is about half full. They are already telling people to expect tomorrow's flights to the northeast to be cancelled.

Blizzard 2010!

Where ever people are Sunday will be where they stay until Tuesday. Weather its trapped in a car on the side of the highway or at someones house.

Old 12-25-2010, 06:50 PM

2,080 posts, read 3,920,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
LOL 40 states, all one ride. Woulda' been 48 but winter beat me. I was involved with one twister, but it was night so I couldn't see it. Hearing it sure wasn't any problem. I was pretty scared since where i was , was a tiny stick built bunk house. It had 2 candles and a wood stove, 2 windows, one door, and 2 sets of bunk beds, one man each.

Well Mista', when that smoke stack began to whine, almost like a old blues song, I got in one corner and got real close with God. I promised to follow the 10 commandments 80%
Excellent! That'll get your attention for sure. Where was the twister?

Old 12-25-2010, 08:47 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
South Dakota, out on Pine Ridge Rez.

Old 12-25-2010, 11:02 PM

1,335 posts, read 3,303,510 times
Looks like I'll have a four day weekend. The forecast discussions from BOX and OKX are getting pretty serious now. OKX is alerting the media telling them this is not the average snowstorm, BOX mentions this storm having the pressure intensity of a passing hurricane. I can't recall seeing this from a winter storm in recent.

Old 12-26-2010, 06:33 AM

83,500 posts, read 75,234,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowerdeck View Post
Looks like I'll have a four day weekend. The forecast discussions from BOX and OKX are getting pretty serious now. OKX is alerting the media telling them this is not the average snowstorm, BOX mentions this storm having the pressure intensity of a passing hurricane. I can't recall seeing this from a winter storm in recent.
Hurricane hunters are actually flying into this storm. Can you believe that???? Winds should hit 40 mph after 3pm some spots gusting to 50+... Get some batteries and make sure your flashlights are working. Get some food maybe ice bags for fridge if power goes out. Preperation is the best.

I love my wood stove. Heat and light. lol

Old 12-26-2010, 06:35 AM

11,294 posts, read 18,872,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowerdeck View Post
The Feb. 2006 storm actually had a small "eye" form, it was that intense (though ironically, it hit NYC tri-state area far harder than any other part of the northeast, similar to a 1947 storm that (doubly ironically) today is the anniversary of.......at Central Park both these storms are 1-2 all-time for snowfall at around 26").

An interesting change though is that on the Cape and in the very southernmost parts of the Jersey shore (and possibly on eastern LI) they are talking now about a change to rain lowering the totals there (especially on the Cape which would be good for them since they were the one place that got a lot of snow out of the "dud" last week).

Old 12-26-2010, 07:26 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
See any thing?? Last night here I had a low of +10. It's about +18 now, calm, gray sky, no breeze.

I used the 2100 mile map from Boston (the moving map) See on CNN the ticker says upto 60 mph wind gusts possible. Ct looks clear, but is probably gray, maybe light snow started??

I just need to know if it is a wise idea to put the plow on

Old 12-26-2010, 07:33 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,943,271 times
Quote:
I ran a weather map and that storm looks small if you ask me. I am dyin for a all hell breaks loose blizzard.
Me too, man.

Old 12-26-2010, 07:51 AM

21,615 posts, read 31,180,666 times
Quote:
See any thing?? Last night here I had a low of +10. It's about +18 now, calm, gray sky, no breeze.

I used the 2100 mile map from Boston (the moving map) See on CNN the ticker says upto 60 mph wind gusts possible. Ct looks clear, but is probably gray, maybe light snow started??

I just need to know if it is a wise idea to put the plow on
Light snow in Branford, nothing crazy though. Heading out quickly to do some running around before the snow this evening. I'm looking forward to a fire, a movie and hot chocolate with the family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut