Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2011, 04:24 PM

1 posts, read 2,141 times

Advertisements

We are planning to move to Fairfield soon, doing house hunting now. We are currently looking at a house on Woodrow Ave in Southport, but have some concerns. It looks like Southport is a pretty nice area, but the selling pricing for houses on Woodrow ave seem to be surprisingly low, especially comparing to the nearby Acorn or Flintlock Rd, even when the house condition is reasonably OK, the kids would go to the same elementary school, it's closer to the rr station. Is there any special reason that makes the neighborhood a lot worse than the surronding area? Thanks a lot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 05:02 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,886,235 times
It's not a bad area. It's just mainly a commercial area that's right on top of I-95, so it's not what you'd imagine when you hear "Southport." You need to go take a look at it if you really want to know whether you would like it or not.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:50 PM

34,637 posts, read 56,403,363 times
Woodrow is an older more modest street that is very close to I-95. there may be some noise issues. There isn't anything wrong, it just is not the same as Acorn or Flintlock which are newer streets with larger homes. Your kids will go to the same schools as the other streets in the area.

That said, the price is still going to be higher than other parts of Fairfield. Just being in Southport adds to the price of a home. Personally I would look in other areas that are further from I-95 or where you could get more house for your money. Jay

Old 03-14-2011, 08:41 AM

1 posts, read 1,980 times
I really like the South Port neighborhood.
The HOA and its rules keeps the area very nice and well-maintained.
Houses have friendly Florida colors (bight and cheery)
Lawns are mowed every 2 weeks by HOA mowers, streets are clean and safe.
The people seem friendly and well-behaved.
I have witnessed no crime apart from people speeding through the neighborhood (Speed Limit is 25)
** I wish we could have modest speed bumps installed. **

I may keep my little South Port house because I Like it here so much. (It sold for $220,000 in 2008 but I got it for $92,000 in 2010, ha ha!)

Hey Forum Admin: I just noticed that this thread is in connecticut and not Orlando, FL.
If you see this, can you move it to the Southport neighborhood under Orlando, FL?
Thanks

Now is the time to buy one if you want one of these homes.

http://madlinux.com/9160/1.jpg

Old 03-14-2011, 11:15 AM

34,637 posts, read 56,403,363 times
You are correct. This thread is about Southport, Connecticut, not Florida. We can not move an individual post so please repost this on the Florida thread you want it on. JayCT, Moderator
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut