U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2011, 09:12 AM

1 posts, read 3,926 times

Advertisements

Hello, Does anyone know what the HOA fees for HV. I have searched the forum but the info seems a few years old. And I have heard that there are so many short sales/foreclosures in the Village that they are selling to contractor groups to renovate to sell (?) Selling prices for the current listings I can found are from $60k to $300k...this low end just doesn't seem right for Southbury? My husband and I, recent empty nesters from NY, not retired yet....were thinking of purchasing to lower our current housing costs. But I cannot get a clear picture of the expenses. (Not sure I want to enlist a realtor yet) Any help would be appreciated.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 09:24 AM

15,739 posts, read 21,986,671 times
The low end is probably pretty accurate. The units are fairly dated and the seniors living there tend to be older than in other 55+ communities. Many of the seniors there are on fixed incomes. I believe the HOA fees are pretty high, but I'm not 100% sure. You might want to call HV management to ask.

How much did you want to spend? If you're okay with spending $300-400k, you might want to check out one of the newer communities in neighboring Oxford or Middlebury. The units are newer and residents tend to be more active.

Old 02-27-2011, 10:16 AM

8,780 posts, read 16,240,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gder27 View Post
Hello, Does anyone know what the HOA fees for HV. I have searched the forum but the info seems a few years old. And I have heard that there are so many short sales/foreclosures in the Village that they are selling to contractor groups to renovate to sell (?) Selling prices for the current listings I can found are from $60k to $300k...this low end just doesn't seem right for Southbury? My husband and I, recent empty nesters from NY, not retired yet....were thinking of purchasing to lower our current housing costs. But I cannot get a clear picture of the expenses. (Not sure I want to enlist a realtor yet) Any help would be appreciated.
I believe most of the listings have the Annual Tax and Monthly Association Fees listed in the individual descriptions:
Property Search - Property Results - Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage - ColdwellBankerMoves.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut