Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 07:17 PM

87 posts, read 322,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skytrekker View Post
Audry

I doubt you will find anything less then what you are currently paying for homeowners. Most, if not all insurance companies have had their risk underwriters calculate into the future several climate change scenarios that could affect coastal CT.

These events may include; sea rise, flooding, storms, and lastly hurricanes. Climatologists have more then likely told these insurance companies of these likely bad case weather scenarios along the shoreline in the near future.

These companies cover themselves and want to reduce any kind of losses. Some have exited the shoreline altogether.

Good luck in finding something less expensive.
I agree, and thank you for your responses!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 10:08 AM

140 posts, read 606,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Not really. THe last major hurricane to hit Connecticut was Floyd in 1999. Before that it was Gloria in 1985 and before that Donna in 1960. Connecticut is somewhat protected from hurricanes that do hit by Long Island. Most storms come in off the Atlantic and must pass over Long Island before getting to Connecticut. By that time, they usually have been weakened. It really shouldn't be a worry unless you live right on the shore. Plus today's modern weather service is pretty good at tracking these types of storms and can give you plenty of time to batten down the hatches or run for cover. Jay
Oh boy! You brought back memories of that horrible Hurricame Donna in 1960. I've rarely heard any talk about it, and it brought back some terrible memories since I experienced it firsthand, but not in CT, in Rockaway, NY. Glad to hear that CT is somewhat protected and more so if you're inland. I will be careful where I look for property. Guilford sounds like such a beautiful and heavenly place to live. I can't wait to visit.

Old 05-18-2009, 03:28 PM

1 posts, read 1,150 times
how can i find the snowfall dates for the winter of 2008-09?

Old 05-18-2009, 08:22 PM

11,295 posts, read 18,882,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RYMASS View Post
how can i find the snowfall dates for the winter of 2008-09?
Go to the National Weather Service website, you will have to find the regional websites (for CT, there are two.....for Fairfield, New London, and New Haven Counties, it is the NY City regional site; for the rest of the state it is the Boston regional site). In the climate section, you want to look for a form called an "F6" you can on a month-by-month basis look at the weather for the last 5 or 6 years, including snowfall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut